Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-23-2019, 04:45 PM   #401
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Over 4000 people paid $1200+ for Thanos on Throne (not to mention the people who are currently paying a premium for the EX). No way is this hobby at an all-time low. Everything is higher including demand and price. Only way this hobby slows down is if people all of a sudden start hating all the comic book movies coming out and in essence, stop watching them. If San Diego Comic-Con ever becomes niche again and is no longer mainstream, that's when you know this hobby is at its low.
Not everyone who attends conventions buys statues. Also, there are a lot of casual or low-income fans who buy a couple of statues but suddenly dump all of their statues on eBay when they realize that they can't afford the hobby or...yes, run out of space since they live in 1-bedroom apartments. This just happened to a very popular Instagrammer who used to collect any/every Harley Quinn collectible. She sold her statues for below market value, too.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 04:46 PM   #402
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Over 4000 people paid $1200+ for Thanos on Throne (not to mention the people who are currently paying a premium for the EX). No way is this hobby at an all-time low. Everything is higher including demand and price. Only way this hobby slows down is if people all of a sudden start hating all the comic book movies coming out and in essence, stop watching them. If San Diego Comic-Con ever becomes niche again and is no longer mainstream, that's when you know this hobby is at its low.
Still took them over a year to sell them.. and that's a popular statue... Hell it's been 4 years and SS still hasn't sold all their WW PF's... I remember when EX's would sell out in a day and the regular's within a month or two.. Now it takes them 2-3 years to sell out..

Plus in some cases it does seem lately that SS is reducing the edition sizes...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 04:50 PM   #403
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Hell it's been 4 years and SS still hasn't sold all their WW PF's...
Didn't they make two runs of the first WW, though?
Old 01-23-2019, 04:56 PM   #404
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I still don't believe Sideshow sold through all 3500 of the regular Thanos. Not at that price point.
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 04:59 PM   #405
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Didn't they make two runs of the first WW, though?
I'm sure they went through several batches given her Edition Size was 10,000
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 05:01 PM   #406
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
I'm sure they went through several batches given her Edition Size was 10,000
Old 01-23-2019, 05:40 PM   #407
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Still took them over a year to sell them.. and that's a popular statue... Hell it's been 4 years and SS still hasn't sold all their WW PF's... I remember when EX's would sell out in a day and the regular's within a month or two.. Now it takes them 2-3 years to sell out..

Plus in some cases it does seem lately that SS is reducing the edition sizes...
You have to remember that back then, there was no such thing as NRDs so people put in POs without consequence like nobody's business and stuff would "sell out" within minutes when in reality, you could get it later pretty easily when the pieces were about to ship and people realized they actually had to pay the money for the statue, those cancellations started rolling in like clockwork. That's how I got most of my EXs back in the mid-2000's when I couldn't get in on the initial PO. I just signed up for the WL shortly after the items "sold out" and I eventually got it. There's only been a handful of times where I wasn't able to get a WL converted. Heck, I got some so called "grails" on discount way back in the day because either Sideshow or the local comic store couldn't get rid of them and had to discount them such as OG Thor.

I can't speak for others but I will say I've bought more stuff within the last 2 years than I did the previous 4-5 years combined. I think I have almost 17,000 Sideshow Rewards points pending for this coming year alone not to mention about 7 XM pieces I already have on PO with more to come. I do plan on slowing down significantly though after this year once most of the X-men related stuff has come out.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 05:56 PM   #408
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I hope juggernaut will be 1500-1800.00 just to see what people will pay going forward. I think they will still pay to get it for sure. But keep this up going forward towards 2k a pf. That will be pushing the envelope. How long will the majority keep paying? Look at p1 many statues they make is 1300-2k and it's selling out slowly. So SS is seeing this as well. They want a piece of the pie, a cut just like when they saw people were paying 1k for a xm. So there new goal is 1500.-2k for a pf. Maybe next will be 2.5-3k in a couple of years for a pf like some p1 statues?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:24 PM   #409
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

with p1 you get what you pay for their statues are huge. A sideshow PF is small compared to a prime 1 so called 1:4 scale statue. I highly doubt SS is going to go much higher up in price without delivering significantly improved product. On average a PF is some 600-500 that's not really that much considering you have a long time to pay for it.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:32 PM   #410
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
with p1 you get what you pay for their statues are huge. A sideshow PF is small compared to a prime 1 so called 1:4 scale statue. I highly doubt SS is going to go much higher up in price without delivering significantly improved product. On average a PF is some 600-500 that's not really that much considering you have a long time to pay for it.
Yes! I ony have two Prime 1 pieces. The Gen1 Optimus Prime and Megatron. Those things weigh a ton and are far above SSC PFF standards. I can easily see and feel where that $969x2 went.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote