Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 12-10-2018, 05:30 AM   #2781
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikemBHD View Post
With all the hate they get after a release I wouldn’t be surprised if the stop doing the jp line
And that would be the worst decision ever..

So stupid after they finally learned how to paint those prototypes and finally found factories good with these animals.

The "hate" we're seeying now is still on what was announced/planned/worked on in 2014/15/16. But from now on, Rotunda sculpt aside, i'm pretty sure people will be in love with all of their products consistently, starting with that Pachy maquette which is an utter perfect product in sculpt, paintjob, size, price and ES.
If they stick with original SWS pieces, or really well thought sculpts like the Breakout, they'll be unbeatable to my eyes.

And even as now, at the end of the day Chronicle still made a killer T-rex sculpt with the Breakout (my favourite out there), one of the best life size bust ever released, and an awful lot of unbeatable in value and detail Stan Winston maquettes. All solid, heavy, classy looking pieces, truly limited in ES. Not counting their replicas and now a line of 1/4 characters i'm all over (even their Malcolm has grown on me and now i can't wait to see the rest of the line and order the ---- out of them).

They can't stop. Just endure a bit Paul, the future products will speak for you and your team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
They have had plenty of good ones too.
Well, you've been able to resell one of their most expensive products for almost 3X in less than a year.. i guess they must be doing something right.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 05:43 AM   #2782
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

It is indeed not impossible to release high end dinosaur statues with their distinctive 'organic' patterns and colour schemes...you just need to find the right factory to produce them.
Look at what Infinity Studios did with their Crocodylus Niloticus (which is close to a dino)....this is my production piece.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...=164019&page=9

scroll down
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:22 AM   #2783
Airnoname
Frackin!

Well i didn’t preorder Rotunda

I can’t find the close-up, more detail pics of Owen&Blue yet but I should receive mine within this week. Will post more pics here but from leak pics I saw, gotta say I’m not impress and I do hope I will not dissapoint when I receive mine.

I personally really hate the dots chronicle put all over rex’s face, even a small one from Thinkgeek I have comes with ugly dots in my opinion.
Airnoname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 02:56 PM   #2784
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

for those of us that went with P1 baby blue. beautiful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	baby eyes.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	119285  
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:04 AM   #2785
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hammond View Post
Thank you, of course I would show you the showcase, but I'm still waiting for good figures. In that showcase I'll put things from Iron Studios (Raptors in the kitchen, Grant and Malcolm) and Owen & Blue. I also want to put figures of the brand Rebor (I have some put but have announced others I want to get) and 1/38 of P1. Now I have loose things from JP, all the Funkos of the franchise and some Rebor and Papo. then I left a free shelf for some P1 and CC, like the Breakout Rex that are repainting me, the IRex or the Indoraptor.
Your collection sounds like mine. A little bit of everything mixed in. I've got Jurassic stuff from Kenner Mattel, LEGO, Papo, Funko, Chronicle, and soon Iron Studios, Factory Entertainment, and hopefully something from Prime 1 someday.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 01:37 AM   #2786
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

With the 1st of January coming my rewards dollars will be deposited to my credit card very soon. I'm thinking about using them on the Sick Triceratops. My other choice would be the Stego.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:03 PM   #2787
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor_33 View Post
With the 1st of January coming my rewards dollars will be deposited to my credit card very soon. I'm thinking about using them on the Sick Triceratops. My other choice would be the Stego.
Reward dollars? CC gives rewards?
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 12:47 AM   #2788
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
Reward dollars? CC gives rewards?
LOL no. I get rewards dollar from my credit card company.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:00 AM   #2789
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor_33 View Post
LOL no. I get rewards dollar from my credit card company.
Not yet anyway, they promised something was being worked on, but at this pace I am not sure when or if.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 05:29 PM   #2790
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I'd go with the Stego, personally. It's a great piece, and one of Chronicle's more accurate paint jobs. Might just be me, but I've always found the Sick Trike paint to be a tad too coppery for my tastes.
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote