Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-02-2018, 11:07 PM   #1011
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
My theory is that there has always been a bigger divide among fans than most realized. This was just the film that revealed that divide.
agreed, it is kind of a sad thing to see such divide, nothing lasts forever I suppose
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:46 PM   #1012
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

There's no divide, those who like the TLJ are simply lost souls.

T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 01:17 AM   #1013
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MAC View Post
There's no divide, those who like the TLJ are simply lost souls.

Agreed, put this thread to rest already. It's a car crash for me.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 01:20 AM   #1014
KELPIE
New Republic

I'm just surprised that Disney seem so quick to push the OT / PT aside and forge on in a new direction.

While I think they should do it, it would have been nice for the ???ST ??? to have been wrapped up with the other 6 movies to complete a set of 9.

After that, they should have then jumped 100 years into the future and take it in a whole new direction.

The way I see it now, they'll try and drag out the main start wars line following this new cast for as many movies as they can.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 10:32 PM   #1015
snappahead
Producer
Producer

You all can say whatever you want about TLJ, but the one thing we can all agree on is that Iron Man 3 was fantastic.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 03:05 AM   #1016
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
You all can say whatever you want about TLJ, but the one thing we can all agree on is that Iron Man 3 was fantastic.
Well that goes without saying.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 01:53 AM   #1017
Gruson
Suicide Squad

I tried to watch it again and it was just as bad, turned it off and am done with it. Terrible...too bad the guys that made Cobrai Kai didn’t develop this because they did it right and “get it”....prequels were a let down but Last Jedi was a disaster and Hamill saw it coming. Wish they listened to him.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 02:08 AM   #1018
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
I tried to watch it again and it was just as bad, turned it off and am done with it. Terrible...too bad the guys that made Cobrai Kai didn’t develop this because they did it right and “get it”....prequels were a let down but Last Jedi was a disaster and Hamill saw it coming. Wish they listened to him.
I tried to watch it on Blu-Ray and only lasted about 20 mins before I turned it off... It's funny because initially I liked it when I saw it in the theaters, lots of action pretty fast paced but after it was over and I started to process the plot and think about "What If's" I really started to dislike the movie....

But it's all moot because it did make over a billion and you know the majority of the people complaining about TLJ will still go see Star Wars IX which means it too will make over a billion... As long as it keeps racking in money their not going to change anything.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:09 AM   #1019
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I tried to watch it on Blu-Ray and only lasted about 20 mins before I turned it off... It's funny because initially I liked it when I saw it in the theaters, lots of action pretty fast paced but after it was over and I started to process the plot and think about "What If's" I really started to dislike the movie....
There were plenty of spectacular moments that outshined the negative ones for me. Still overall an enjoyable experience despite it's shortcomings with how it handled the OT characters.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:40 AM   #1020
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
There were plenty of spectacular moments that outshined the negative ones for me. Still overall an enjoyable experience despite it's shortcomings with how it handled the OT characters.
Same here. Haters are gonna hate though.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote