Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrana23 View Post
In one year...
I can't wait!!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 06:01 PM   #493
gearhead
The Herculoids

Number 59 at home. I'll post some thoughts shortly. Pics taken with an iPhone so please excuse the quality, or lack there of.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0595.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	338.7 KB
ID:	119289   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0596.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	353.1 KB
ID:	119290   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0594.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	325.6 KB
ID:	119291   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0591.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	320.6 KB
ID:	119292   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0590.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	269.8 KB
ID:	119293  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0593.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	320.9 KB
ID:	119294   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0582.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	385.1 KB
ID:	119295   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0583.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	119296   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0592.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	357.4 KB
ID:	119297   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0589.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	321.6 KB
ID:	119298  

gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:16 PM   #494
gearhead
The Herculoids

After three days staring at this I can safely say this is a personal masterpiece for me and well worth the wait.

The sculpt is incredibly detailed and realistic. The texturing on the suit and cape are beyond awesome. The paint is great, though I'll admit not quite as good as the proto. The only reason I say this is because some of the very subtle weathering on the suit that can be seen on the proto is not there. I don't miss it. Everything else is first rate. The cape is not light weight plastic. It seems like a type of resin and is actually quite heavy. The kryptonite ring is really well done. It's not painted like I thought it would be, it's actually a separate piece molded in clear green and looks really good in person. I normally prefer some grey contrast to any given batsuit, be it blue or black, but this one is great as is. I've only seen pictures of the blue and grey version, but I think this particular suit looks way better in black. It reminds me of the Arkham designs in that it's a very realistic, or maybe it would be better to say a believable batsuit, and the black just looks right. Grey may look better in the art, but let's face it, black blends into shadows better. So for me that adds to the realism.

On the negative side, like Atrana23, my light quit working within 5 minutes. I agree with him that it's the cheap AC adapter and not the light. I tested it with a meter and there's no output from the adapter. I have an email in to SS but haven't heard back yet. In the meantime I ordered a new adapter from Amazon for $10. As long as that fixes the issue I'll be happy. The cord on the supplied adapter is only 3 ft long so I would have bought a new one anyway. Regardless, I agree that IS definitely should have provided a better unit with a longer cord. Anyone else having this issue?

My only real complaint with the statue itself is where his left foot rests on the top of the light. There are 4 brackets at the 3, 6, 9, 12 positions on the front. The ones at 9, and 12 (under his foot) are removable and held on by magnets. I can only guess this was done to make room for the lens to be installed during manufacturing. The problem is that there's a significant amount of weight being applied to the one under his foot and it's being slightly pushed out of position. I sort of solved this by folding a small piece of paper and wedging it into the mounting hole of the bracket to tighten up the fit. God only know why they didn't make the 6 o'clock one removable and not the 12. Once I know my light is OK I'll probably go ahead and epoxy that piece in to strengthen it up. I'd like to hear from some others of you to see if they are all like this or if just mine is loose.

Some other opinions. I don't like the graffiti on the "bat". I can deal with it on the sides, but the smile is too much. Plus, you can really see the outline of the decals. No, they don't come off. They're under a matte clear coat. I'll be repainting my bat. Fortunately, it's a separate piece held on with a magnet which will make painting easy.

I also don't like the Joker statue. It looks great and is well done, and artistically I get it. But I don't think it belongs. Sure, the Joker could come along anytime and graffiti the signal, but unless he showed up with a custom made statue of himself right AFTER the signal was smashed by Superman it doesn't make sense for it to be there. Lucky for me again it's removable, and there are no marks or slots left where it should go.

Enough typing, I'm going back to stair at it some more.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:17 PM   #495
gearhead
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptilio93 View Post
So I just wait listed this two days ago... I feel like I'm way too late for any chance of conversion... thoughts?
You might get lucky. There's always some people who cancel right as things start to ship.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:04 PM   #496
Atrana23
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Adapter

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01FC...op_mb_pd_title

This works great. Sideshow offered a credit which I took and I ended up buying this.
Atrana23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:51 PM   #497
gearhead
The Herculoids

So the new adapter worked, that's good news. Your light was fine then? I ordered this one but it hasn't arrived yet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hows that piece under his left foot on yours? Is it nice and tight, or does the weight of him tend to try and push it forward and out a bit?
Old 12-13-2018, 07:21 PM   #498
gearhead
The Herculoids

Just got the new adapter a day early. Light is up and running again.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:13 PM   #499
Atrana23
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
So the new adapter worked, that's good news. Your light was fine then? I ordered this one but it hasn't arrived yet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hows that piece under his left foot on yours? Is it nice and tight, or does the weight of him tend to try and push it forward and out a bit?
Yeh I left the light on for a while and no issues. Any adapter with same output should do the trick.

So that piece that fits under the foot should be secure. When I was assembling the statue I realized that the 2 little pieces are different sizes. Meaning they only fit the appropriate slot. Are you sure you don't have them reversed? Mine fits good and once the boot is on top it holds tight. I'll be back home tomorrow and can double check the fit and I'll attach a picture.
Atrana23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:49 PM   #500
dr_vasanth
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Batman (Black Edition) Prime scale statue by Iron Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
After three days staring at this I can safely say this is a personal masterpiece for me and well worth the wait.

The sculpt is incredibly detailed and realistic. The texturing on the suit and cape are beyond awesome. The paint is great, though I'll admit not quite as good as the proto. The only reason I say this is because some of the very subtle weathering on the suit that can be seen on the proto is not there. I don't miss it. Everything else is first rate. The cape is not light weight plastic. It seems like a type of resin and is actually quite heavy. The kryptonite ring is really well done. It's not painted like I thought it would be, it's actually a separate piece molded in clear green and looks really good in person. I normally prefer some grey contrast to any given batsuit, be it blue or black, but this one is great as is. I've only seen pictures of the blue and grey version, but I think this particular suit looks way better in black. It reminds me of the Arkham designs in that it's a very realistic, or maybe it would be better to say a believable batsuit, and the black just looks right. Grey may look better in the art, but let's face it, black blends into shadows better. So for me that adds to the realism.

On the negative side, like Atrana23, my light quit working within 5 minutes. I agree with him that it's the cheap AC adapter and not the light. I tested it with a meter and there's no output from the adapter. I have an email in to SS but haven't heard back yet. In the meantime I ordered a new adapter from Amazon for $10. As long as that fixes the issue I'll be happy. The cord on the supplied adapter is only 3 ft long so I would have bought a new one anyway. Regardless, I agree that IS definitely should have provided a better unit with a longer cord. Anyone else having this issue?

My only real complaint with the statue itself is where his left foot rests on the top of the light. There are 4 brackets at the 3, 6, 9, 12 positions on the front. The ones at 9, and 12 (under his foot) are removable and held on by magnets. I can only guess this was done to make room for the lens to be installed during manufacturing. The problem is that there's a significant amount of weight being applied to the one under his foot and it's being slightly pushed out of position. I sort of solved this by folding a small piece of paper and wedging it into the mounting hole of the bracket to tighten up the fit. God only know why they didn't make the 6 o'clock one removable and not the 12. Once I know my light is OK I'll probably go ahead and epoxy that piece in to strengthen it up. I'd like to hear from some others of you to see if they are all like this or if just mine is loose.

Some other opinions. I don't like the graffiti on the "bat". I can deal with it on the sides, but the smile is too much. Plus, you can really see the outline of the decals. No, they don't come off. They're under a matte clear coat. I'll be repainting my bat. Fortunately, it's a separate piece held on with a magnet which will make painting easy.

I also don't like the Joker statue. It looks great and is well done, and artistically I get it. But I don't think it belongs. Sure, the Joker could come along anytime and graffiti the signal, but unless he showed up with a custom made statue of himself right AFTER the signal was smashed by Superman it doesn't make sense for it to be there. Lucky for me again it's removable, and there are no marks or slots left where it should go.

Enough typing, I'm going back to stair at it some more.
Yup..the bracket under his foot came broken for me - there is definitely a lot of weight being exerted on it and that's a design flaw. Exactly the same thing happened with my adapter too and so it is definitely a cheapo adapter issue!
dr_vasanth is offline   Reply With Quote