Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-30-2017, 06:04 PM   #81
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
statement proves my point.

So where in Terminator "universe" canon, does it say that only men survived the initial war with the machines?

Oh, sorry, I forgot - Sex sells...... yawn.
You are a hoot. How many unattractive male or female statues have you seen? How many unattractive male or female comic characters have you seen? How about actors or actresses? Both sexes are pushed to ideal proportions and sex appeal in most of the cases I listed above.

Wait...your super power must be the ability to be attracted to women (or men if that's what floats your boat) by looking at their personality when you first see them. Get real. A persons body is just like a bell on a telephone...it rings and gets your attention.

There's nothing wrong with being attracted to a good looking person (male or female). There's certainly nothing wrong with buying a statue of a good looking female or male character either. After all, sex sells. And for the record, females like good looking females as well. Just take a look at the list of women Loken slept with. Those are some impressive ladies that sexy Terminator hooked up with.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:09 PM   #82
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Trust me, this crusade isn't worth your time. I know. The trogs that consider themselves human, and unfortunately make up a large vocal part of this forum, clearly buy statues to fulfill the sexual hole they can't service in the real world.

For these pathetic individuals sex does indeed sell, and art and any other aspect of the statue collecting is a distant second consideration, or an accident.

The real shame in all of this, is that these grunts will dictate what the statue industry produces, and will continue to propagate a very singular view of women in the fantasy worlds.
Since the prehistoric times, the men always celebrated the feminine beauty, thanks to the sculpture. First, sculptures dedicated to the fertility, showing women with hypertrophied breasts and buttocks. The antique sculptors learnt to sculpt veils -which did not hide much feminine curves - to avoid the anger of the censors. Rodin sculpt the woman, naked, without ornament, seeming to go out of some original mud. All the museums of the world are filled with statues of naked or very bare women. And men too.
But well, according your verbal diarrhea, i suppose that it means that the world of the art is a gigantic brothel.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:12 PM   #83
Overmind
A day without sunshine is like... night.

What in the world happened to this thread?
Overmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:40 PM   #84
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

I don't even know what thread this is anymore.
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:43 PM   #85
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

is this real life?
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:02 AM   #86
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

LOL this thread is getting funnier and funnier
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 05:46 AM   #87
iCollect
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Are some of you guys really just buying female statues because they are sexy? Not because of the character? And you think female statues only sell because of the sex appeal?

Time for you to get out more i think.
Yes
iCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:38 AM   #88
BLACK OPS
The Herculoids

Sideshow most be loving this, some quality responses here. Anyway back to the statue what's the chances of this statue having a light up eye? I would say slim since they never bothered to incorporate it into any of the Arnold terminated pfs. Discuss!
BLACK OPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:52 AM   #89
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
You are a hoot. How many unattractive male or female statues have you seen? How many unattractive male or female comic characters have you seen? How about actors or actresses? Both sexes are pushed to ideal proportions and sex appeal in most of the cases I listed above.

Wait...your super power must be the ability to be attracted to women (or men if that's what floats your boat) by looking at their personality when you first see them. Get real. A persons body is just like a bell on a telephone...it rings and gets your attention.

There's nothing wrong with being attracted to a good looking person (male or female). There's certainly nothing wrong with buying a statue of a good looking female or male character either. After all, sex sells. And for the record, females like good looking females as well. Just take a look at the list of women Loken slept with. Those are some impressive ladies that sexy Terminator hooked up with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
Since the prehistoric times, the men always celebrated the feminine beauty, thanks to the sculpture. First, sculptures dedicated to the fertility, showing women with hypertrophied breasts and buttocks. The antique sculptors learnt to sculpt veils -which did not hide much feminine curves - to avoid the anger of the censors. Rodin sculpt the woman, naked, without ornament, seeming to go out of some original mud. All the museums of the world are filled with statues of naked or very bare women. And men too.
But well, according your verbal diarrhea, i suppose that it means that the world of the art is a gigantic brothel.
What ever. I love the way you refer to my "verbal diarrhea" whilst worshipping at the porcelain throne yourself

If you think the term "Sex sells" is a homage to beauty, or the equivalent of first attraction, then have at it. Like I advised the other forum member, I'm not about to start a crusade akin to teaching a chimpanzee modern politics....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:50 PM   #90
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Trust me, this crusade isn't worth your time. I know. The trogs that consider themselves human, and unfortunately make up a large vocal part of this forum, clearly buy statues to fulfill the sexual hole they can't service in the real world.

For these pathetic individuals sex does indeed sell, and art and any other aspect of the statue collecting is a distant second consideration, or an accident.

The real shame in all of this, is that these grunts will dictate what the statue industry produces, and will continue to propagate a very singular view of women in the fantasy worlds.

I'm looking forward to this piece, and I hope it's not over sexualized, but a realistic rendition of what a cyborg operator might look like!
lmao, perfect post! A few of these same grunts are tearing down the new BW unveiling...more than likely because her tittays aren't about to fall out.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote