Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-26-2019, 02:22 AM   #531
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post

This is almost the same price as the iron studios version but 30% smaller? Is the iron studios 1/3?
No, it’s 1/4.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 03:01 AM   #532
Terence
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
Unless the ES is more than 2k I don’t see this tanking. Maybe 5 years down the road when a better sculpt is released at half the price.

This is almost the same price as the iron studios version but 30% smaller? Is the iron studios 1/3?
I think the Iron Studios Hulk is quoted at 1/4 but is surely too big to be 1/4
Terence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 03:06 AM   #533
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
You can still have it. Just wait for the aftermarket release and save 400-500.00. Just be patient.
Thinking EXACTLY the same thing! Firmly believe there’s a ceiling price for statues around $800-$1k US aftermarket and only certain special peices command higher prices than that. With SS’s huge edition sizes of late I think that theory is further ratified.

Wait I will and disappointed I won’t be if I miss out because the asking price is what it is now....
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 03:10 AM   #534
ozboy
Birdman

Liking the sculpt or not is subjective but the Iron Studios piece is $100 cheaper.
ozboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 03:15 AM   #535
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terence View Post
I see you have to pay for shipping to Australia like me if you order direct. Adds quite a bit to the total as well as the exchange rate.
Plus have to pay GST, import duty and courier fees to organise the above. That would add approx. $300 on top bringing the total close to AU$3k shipped. I paid only a little more for XM Hulkbuster shipped FCOL!

Maybe I’m wrong but I think SS aren’t just well out of order on the price, I think they’ve well and truly jumped the shark here... and that’s before you consider QC questionability - but, to be fair, let’s assume this will not just be good but downright perfect... it’s still insane $’s!

Let’s hope for some good pricing aftermarket, just such a lloooooonnnnggg wait for that though.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 03:27 AM   #536
ozboy
Birdman

People either don't realise they're getting something similar to the Skaar PF for $1400 or they just don't care.
ozboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:08 AM   #537
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozboy View Post

Liking the sculpt or not is subjective but the Iron Studios piece is $100 cheaper.
I would buy that Iron Studios Hulk if it would not have that missile.

Overall I like this Gladator Hulk more than the Juggernaut. If I had to choose and I would pay that kind of $$$ I would prefer the GH.

Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:47 AM   #538
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terence View Post
I see you have to pay for shipping to Australia like me if you order direct. Adds quite a bit to the total as well as the exchange rate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Plus have to pay GST, import duty and courier fees to organise the above. That would add approx. $300 on top bringing the total close to AU$3k shipped. I paid only a little more for XM Hulkbuster shipped FCOL!

Maybe I’m wrong but I think SS aren’t just well out of order on the price, I think they’ve well and truly jumped the shark here... and that’s before you consider QC questionability - but, to be fair, let’s assume this will not just be good but downright perfect... it’s still insane $’s!

Let’s hope for some good pricing aftermarket, just such a lloooooonnnnggg wait for that though.
Just not worth it to get the Exclusive for this piece.

If this gets priced the same as Juggernaut did over at Popcultcha, it’ll be $2,000 AUD, with only 5% early preorder discount (rather than the usual 10%). And if you have the usual 10% discount you could stack the discounts and get it for $1,710 AUD shipped.

To get the Exclusive direct from Sideshow with a minimum of $200 USD shipping (probably more given current Sideshow shipping costs), would be a minimum of $2,600-$2,700 AUD to get this in hand ((1390+200)*1.15?(GST+duties)/0.70). Just not worth it, for essentially a 60% premium.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:17 AM   #539
Terence
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Just not worth it to get the Exclusive for this piece.

If this gets priced the same as Juggernaut did over at Popcultcha, it’ll be $2,000 AUD, with only 5% early preorder discount (rather than the usual 10%). And if you have the usual 10% discount you could stack the discounts and get it for $1,710 AUD shipped.

To get the Exclusive direct from Sideshow with a minimum of $200 USD shipping (probably more given current Sideshow shipping costs), would be a minimum of $2,600-$2,700 AUD to get this in hand ((1390+200)*1.15?(GST+duties)/0.70). Just not worth it, for essentially a 60% premium.
Good point. Popcultcha 100% the way to go if you don't need the ex. Although I've got 3 PO's with Sideshow because I had to get the exclusive (Magneto, X-23, and Thor).
Terence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:02 AM   #540
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozboy View Post
People either don't realise they're getting something similar to the Skaar PF for $1400 or they just don't care.
A lot of people still has money. They won’t even think about not buying till prices gets closer to 1500-2000.00 for a pf. That’s the spot that will get some to think it over. There’s a lot of collectors who can’t give up because they already have so much and must have the next hot piece. But if it’s a 1:3 people will pay 2.5-3k for it with no problems.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote