Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 07-08-2014, 03:07 PM   #11
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Do not underestimate the seductive power of the surprise discount.
Hell I dont even care about the discount, I was even willing to pay a thousand euro's for these two. These two statues are extremely rare, especially when they are in a non damaged condition. Those two are the only ones I'm missing in the series and unfortunatly this was good to be true

But atleast I managed to get all of my money back via the paypalclaim (even though I had to wait for it).

Oh well, money saved :\ but the hunt for these grails continues.

I already posted a warning on myfigurecollection.net also, I hope others wont fall for the tricks of this seller.
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:11 PM   #12
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Do not underestimate the seductive power of the surprise discount.
So true. I have learned the hard way/expensive way but even then it took me awhile.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:57 PM   #13
Conehead
Luke Cage

thanks for the heads up
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:19 AM   #14
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I'll paypal other people who I know are dealers or stores that don't use eBay. But when someone on eBay says let's do the deal outside of eBay or send a Paypal invoice. I don't know why you would do that. I guess you would avoid eBay's 10% fee. But most sellers still want to build up feedback. And you would have both eBay and Paypal backing with the case if something goes wrong. No nonsense about goods and services like what the scam artist was attempting here.

Only between people you know should you use the non-goods option to save them a fee.
yeah thats the main reason why i do it. to avoid the ebay fees. i coudl care less about the feedback. been on there for 10 years and have accumulated nothing but positive feed back over those 10 years. unless of course the peckah head im dealing with now gives me negative feed back after he tried to get out of paying and then compromised the item i sent him just so he could get a refund. and i know damn well thats what he did.
but like i said i do transactions outside of eBay all the time. i even ask the sellers if they will do the transaction outside of ebay to help save them the fees and to entice them on giving me a good deal. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and they dont want to do it. but let me make it perfectly clear. i do not send payment as a non good or family and friends payment. EVER!! i always send money as a payment for goods. unless of course its someone i trust and know. such as family and friends.
but PayPal protection is good enough. besides, PayPal is an ebay company owned by ebay.. so in a sense . ebay is double dipping on the fees. main reason why i do the transaction thru PayPal. no need to get hit with insertion and final value fees on top of PayPal fees. only get hit once. but always pay for goods if im buying.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:25 AM   #15
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefall View Post
So true. I have learned the hard way/expensive way but even then it took me awhile.
a 1300 dollar mistake only took me once to learn my lesson.

funny thing is. i was just too trusting. and i paid for the items as goods. just waited too long and gave the scumbag the benefit of the doubt so i couldn't file a claim.

'Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me'
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:44 AM   #16
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
a 1300 dollar mistake only took me once to learn my lesson.

funny thing is. i was just too trusting. and i paid for the items as goods. just waited too long and gave the scumbag the benefit of the doubt so i couldn't file a claim.

'Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me'
Same thing happened to me. That was way back when I just started out collecting.

The worst kind of loser are the ones who pick off the trust of people and cause the victims to lose trust in the kindness of others. There's a special place in hell for scumbags like these.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:49 AM   #17
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefall View Post
Let me guess. It's a chicken.......crossing the road trying to get to the other side?

I was thinking the same thing, brocephus!
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:33 PM   #18
Teague
Iron Man

Man, sorry to hear; thanks for the warning!
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:29 AM   #19
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Exclamation

Heads up: the scammer changed his/her Ebay ID from "marti.hofma" to "plueschkatzen"
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:59 AM   #20
johnclone
The Enchantress

should be skammenkatzen
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote