Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 06-08-2016, 03:50 AM   #1
Das Brutah
The Avengers

2 Supermans / 2 Batmans ?

Haven't picked up any of the new DC rebirth stuff yet. Is DC featuring more than of each of these heroes in the new storyline?
Das Brutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 08:36 AM   #2
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

Yes and no.

There WERE 2 Superman's running around for a brief second but currently the only active one is the Pre-Flashpoint Superman who is married to his Lois Lane and has a son named Jon who is the new Superboy at the moment.

The New 52/Post Flashpoint Superman is currently dead. Upon his death he released energy than struck his Lois Lane and Lana Lang (with one beam implied to hit the fellow who's becoming the new Chinese Super-Man) with Lois' presumably powering her up into the coming Superwoman.

As far as I'm aware there's only one Batman but he's going to be meeting a new hero named Gotham who has a female sidekick/partner who will be vying to be Gotham City's new hero.

There are however somehow 3 Joker's now. With most assuming these 3 are the E-1 Silver Age one, the Pre-Flashpoint and the New 52/Post Flashpoint ones.
Pyrotwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:32 AM   #3
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotwilight View Post
Yes and no.

There WERE 2 Superman's running around for a brief second but currently the only active one is the Pre-Flashpoint Superman who is married to his Lois Lane and has a son named Jon who is the new Superboy at the moment.

The New 52/Post Flashpoint Superman is currently dead. Upon his death he released energy than struck his Lois Lane and Lana Lang (with one beam implied to hit the fellow who's becoming the new Chinese Super-Man) with Lois' presumably powering her up into the coming Superwoman.

As far as I'm aware there's only one Batman but he's going to be meeting a new hero named Gotham who has a female sidekick/partner who will be vying to be Gotham City's new hero.

There are however somehow 3 Joker's now. With most assuming these 3 are the E-1 Silver Age one, the Pre-Flashpoint and the New 52/Post Flashpoint ones.
And here we see a muddled mess that's supposed to correct the problems and missteps of a previous muddled mess. Sigh.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 01:38 PM   #4
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

There's not really anything muddled here. Characters and their alternate selves appearing isn't good or bad and is fairly normal.

And if I can summarize it in a minute or so it can be that bad.
Pyrotwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 04:52 PM   #5
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotwilight View Post
There's not really anything muddled here. Characters and their alternate selves appearing isn't good or bad and is fairly normal.

And if I can summarize it in a minute or so it can be that bad.
You're wasting your time. (Mostly) Everyone around here hates change or anything new

The best thing is that everyone who complains about the present forgets just how much of a mess the past was
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 08:42 PM   #6
Das Brutah
The Avengers

I hope it turns into something great. I'm all for change and creative license, as long as it doesn't completely ignore the most important "character pillars" established in the past.

The three different jokers would seem to be something the worlds greatest detective would have instantly noticed. I will remain hopeful....
Das Brutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:49 PM   #7
PureInvasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Brutah View Post
I hope it turns into something great. I'm all for change and creative license, as long as it doesn't completely ignore the most important "character pillars" established in the past.

The three different jokers would seem to be something the worlds greatest detective would have instantly noticed. I will remain hopeful....
The 3 jokers are something I find really interesting actually. It'd explain the different 'versions' of the character throughout the years and how despite being locked in Arkham he always seems to get out
Old 06-08-2016, 10:54 PM   #8
Ryu

Seriously, anyone can escape Arkham Asylum. Actually, everyone has escaped Arkham Asylum at one point or another. You dont need a clone or whatever. So I'd let myself be caught and taken to Arkham Asylum and be out in a day or two. Breaking in isn't a problem either. The Joker thing reminds of an episode from the 90s Batman animated series
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:26 AM   #9
PureInvasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
Seriously, anyone can escape Arkham Asylum. Actually, everyone has escaped Arkham Asylum at one point or another. You dont need a clone or whatever. So I'd let myself be caught and taken to Arkham Asylum and be out in a day or two. Breaking in isn't a problem either. The Joker thing reminds of an episode from the 90s Batman animated series
Breaking out is easy? In fiction? No!

At least it'll potentially make sense from a story standpoint now as to how it was so easy for him all the time
Old 06-09-2016, 03:08 PM   #10
riprap
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

OK, sorry, but I'm confused about Rebirth. I initially thought that all characters would go back to pre-flashpoint characters. To give them their histories back. Is this the Byrne Superman that we will see now? And what about the JLA? Will it have started with Cyborg or J'onn J'onzz?
riprap is offline   Reply With Quote