Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-23-2018, 12:35 PM   #301
Finder40
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
I may get the IS raptors. they look nice and the price is pretty good. but yet again, P1 is doing raptors and I already have lots of raptors. blue, baby blue, both CC's raptors bust...and soon P1's raptors. ugh, so much to choose man.
haha there's just too damn much right now, fortunately for me I don't like Jurassic World so I'm not interested in any of those pieces its just JP and LW for me although if Prime1's Spino is good then I might get that as a one off
Finder40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:18 PM   #302
SkiaEsh
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finder40 View Post
haha there's just too damn much right now, fortunately for me I don't like Jurassic World so I'm not interested in any of those pieces its just JP and LW for me although if Prime1's Spino is good then I might get that as a one off
I understand what you mean, and unfortunately, I like Jurassic World. Luckily, I none of the CC pieces have been must haves as I mainly focus on raptors and dislike busts, so I have stuck with IS and P1. However, with just those two, I still have the three IS raptors on order and P1's Blue, Baby Blue, T-Rex (waitlist), and Indoraptor on order, with probably more to come.
SkiaEsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:45 PM   #303
Finder40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiaEsh View Post
I understand what you mean, and unfortunately, I like Jurassic World. Luckily, I none of the CC pieces have been must haves as I mainly focus on raptors and dislike busts, so I have stuck with IS and P1. However, with just those two, I still have the three IS raptors on order and P1's Blue, Baby Blue, T-Rex (waitlist), and Indoraptor on order, with probably more to come.
There's just so much coming out at the same time it's tough to pass on them but I'm the same I don't like busts so that's why I went for this full Rex just looks the badgers nadgers!
Old 10-23-2018, 02:40 PM   #304
Steve evans
The Spirit

Make room for the known 2019 releases -
Prime One - Raptors x2, Triceratops maquette, Small Trike and small T-Rex, Spino, Rotunda Rex, Brachiosaurus and a Stiggy
CC - raptors in the Kitchen? Spino 1:5 bust, Spitter (bust or maquette) Baby T-Rex (bust or maquette)

I would still like to see a Galli and Para maquette
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:16 PM   #305
Finder40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve evans View Post
Make room for the known 2019 releases -
Prime One - Raptors x2, Triceratops maquette, Small Trike and small T-Rex, Spino, Rotunda Rex, Brachiosaurus and a Stiggy
CC - raptors in the Kitchen? Spino 1:5 bust, Spitter (bust or maquette) Baby T-Rex (bust or maquette)

I would still like to see a Galli and Para maquette
Oh I'll have room for some of those for sure but only the maquette, anything other than Rexs and Raptors would be nice!
Old 01-20-2019, 12:31 PM   #306
franktank
Justice League

I pretty much got the go ahead from my wife to order this:-)

I read on their Instagram about it being 3 pieces....the full statue, the base, and the name plate.

Does anyone remember Paul or Robert or CC in general saying on Facebook live or anywhere for that matter if just the nameplate itself just sits on its own?

Basically, can it be moved around the base?

Where I will be displaying it, it will be more along the length of the wall in my room with maybe a little diagonality to it. But I want the name plate to face out (viewed from the side and not towards the Face/Head). Make sense? Anybody recall conversation about this?

It's a good chunk of change for this one and this is one thing holding me back.

Also, is it basically the exact head sculpt they used with the Female Bust? As far as I can see just looks like the teeth/mouth is closed a little more.

Last edited by franktank; 01-20-2019 at 12:32 PM. Reason: typo
franktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 04:08 PM   #307
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

If I could, I’d buy this immediately. Even though it’s a pipe dream, I still try to come up with ways to pay for it.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 04:46 PM   #308
Finder40

Quote:
Originally Posted by franktank View Post
I pretty much got the go ahead from my wife to order this:-)

I read on their Instagram about it being 3 pieces....the full statue, the base, and the name plate.

Does anyone remember Paul or Robert or CC in general saying on Facebook live or anywhere for that matter if just the nameplate itself just sits on its own?

Basically, can it be moved around the base?

Where I will be displaying it, it will be more along the length of the wall in my room with maybe a little diagonality to it. But I want the name plate to face out (viewed from the side and not towards the Face/Head). Make sense? Anybody recall conversation about this?

It's a good chunk of change for this one and this is one thing holding me back.

Also, is it basically the exact head sculpt they used with the Female Bust? As far as I can see just looks like the teeth/mouth is closed a little more.
I don't recall them saying about the name plate being separate although I could be wrong! I too will be displaying it along the wall but haven't really thought about the name plate to be honest that won't bother me much looking at the rex will be pleasing enough!
I think its taken from the 1/5 maquette which has a closed mouth almost? Not sure if the busts are taken from it too, plenty of knowledgeable folks on here I'm certain they can give you the answers you seek!
Old 01-20-2019, 06:10 PM   #309
franktank
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finder40 View Post
I don't recall them saying about the name plate being separate although I could be wrong! I too will be displaying it along the wall but haven't really thought about the name plate to be honest that won't bother me much looking at the rex will be pleasing enough!
I think its taken from the 1/5 maquette which has a closed mouth almost? Not sure if the busts are taken from it too, plenty of knowledgeable folks on here I'm certain they can give you the answers you seek!
Yeah I hear you.....its just for this amount of money I want it just right. When they walk into my room people would probably say what's the black thing stickin up front over there.

But hey if it is moveable here we go:-)
franktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 10:06 PM   #310
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Good luck with the paint job.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote