strong contendars based on what ive heard:
punisher warzone
elektra
birds of prey

sketchy but watchable:
F4
daredevil
blade trinity
I thought Punisher War Zone was good, definitely better than the one with Thomas Jane

FF Rise of the Silver Surfer shouldn't be on this list IMO its not the best but its far, far from the worst. It was worth it alone just for the depiction of the Surfer which I thought was well done

no way that GL, any of the Xmen movies, Justice League or the Spider-man movies listed are worse than Elektra or Birds of Prey
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 04:29 PM   #26712
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Bone Tomahawk (2015) - This movie being billed as a western/horror, and starring the great Kurt Russell is what made me initially want to see it, but maybe my expectations were too high. Its about a tribe of cannibals that kidnap some people from a village, and then the sheriff (Russell) and some other townspeople set out to rescue the kidnapped folks. Despite one scene of horribly graphic violence, one of the grossest I've ever seen on film, I wouldnt really call this a "horror" movie in the traditional sense of the word. I can't really put my finger on what the movie was missing, maybe it was just a little too straightforward im not sure, but at the end I was left a bit underwhelmed. Kurt Russell was awesome though, hands down the best part of the movie - 7/10
I agree with you on this one and would acutally rate it a little lower. I also had high hopes for it based on the trailer.

You got me to thinking though here are a few Kurt Russell Gems that are lesser known that I think are well worth watching.

The Best of Times (1985).
9/10 I think after "The Thing" this is definitely in the top 3 or 4 in the list of my favorite Kurt Russell movies. It also has Robin Williams in it and deals with replaying a highschool football game 13 years after.

Dark Blue 8/10 This is a pretty rare Kurt Russell as cop movie set in LA about the time of the Rodney King riots but that is really not a huge part of the story

Used Cars 8/10 This is probably his most underrated movie. It really is good.

3,000 Miles to Graceland 7/10 This one isn't as good as the others but it does have Kurt Russell and Costner as dueling criminal Elvis impersonators. It's worth watching just for that.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 04:32 PM   #26713
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Haha.. Used Cars is so good. 80’s comedy gold.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 04:49 PM   #26714
Asgard
Deadman

I watched the movie Tombstone. Russell and Kilmer in the best game mood. 8/10

And I was very happy to see Sam Elliott and Bill Paxton in this movie.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 05:05 PM   #26715
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I thought Punisher War Zone was good, definitely better than the one with Thomas Jane

FF Rise of the Silver Surfer shouldn't be on this list IMO its not the best but its far, far from the worst. It was worth it alone just for the depiction of the Surfer which I thought was well done

no way that GL, any of the Xmen movies, Justice League or the Spider-man movies listed are worse than Elektra or Birds of Prey
yeah i havent seen war zone, elektra or birds of prey so i cant really compare them to anything. my list isnt ranked in order either, theyre really just movies i would never want to see again

personally i did not like F4 R.O.S.S. - doom on the surfboard, "galactus" and the overall cheeziness turned me off and i dont know if i even finished watching it. but i agree the surfer himself was handled relatively well, especially for when it came out

i didnt mind the thomas jane punisher, far from perfect but i might put it in the "sketchy but watchable" category. its been a while since ive seen it though so if i watched it today i might feel differently
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 05:56 PM   #26716
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I agree with you on this one and would acutally rate it a little lower. I also had high hopes for it based on the trailer.

You got me to thinking though here are a few Kurt Russell Gems that are lesser known that I think are well worth watching.

The Best of Times (1985).
9/10 I think after "The Thing" this is definitely in the top 3 or 4 in the list of my favorite Kurt Russell movies. It also has Robin Williams in it and deals with replaying a highschool football game 13 years after.

Dark Blue 8/10 This is a pretty rare Kurt Russell as cop movie set in LA about the time of the Rodney King riots but that is really not a huge part of the story

Used Cars 8/10 This is probably his most underrated movie. It really is good.

3,000 Miles to Graceland 7/10 This one isn't as good as the others but it does have Kurt Russell and Costner as dueling criminal Elvis impersonators. It's worth watching just for that.
Thanks for these lesser known suggestions, I'll definitely look into these! what an amazing career this guy has had, I dont know if any actor has had more iconic roles than Kurt, the more movies of his I see the more I realize why hes such an icon

Seems Kurt Russell has a lot of experience with Elvis...he knew him as a kid, played him in a 1979 TV movie in his first teamup with John Carpenter (I really wanna see this one ASAP) uncreddited voice for Elvis in Forrest Gump, and then as an Elvis impersonator in 3,000 miles
Old 06-01-2020, 05:57 PM   #26717
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I watched the movie Tombstone. Russell and Kilmer in the best game mood. 8/10

And I was very happy to see Sam Elliott and Bill Paxton in this movie.
Soon we're going to need to change this thread to the Kurt Russell appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
yeah i havent seen war zone, elektra or birds of prey so i cant really compare them to anything. my list isnt ranked in order either, theyre really just movies i would never want to see again

personally i did not like F4 R.O.S.S. - doom on the surfboard, "galactus" and the overall cheeziness turned me off and i dont know if i even finished watching it. but i agree the surfer himself was handled relatively well, especially for when it came out

i didnt mind the thomas jane punisher, far from perfect but i might put it in the "sketchy but watchable" category. its been a while since ive seen it though so if i watched it today i might feel differently
theres been quite a few stinkers for sure, everyones opinions are different on those, but to me there are probably 5 or so comic movies that stick out as being exceptionally bottom of the barrel bad (Catwoman, Elektra to name a couple, movies that make FFROSS look like a masterpiece) the rest that most people dislike (GL, JL, Xmen last stand/apoc etc) would not fall into Catwoman/Elektra levels of awful IMO
Old 06-01-2020, 09:37 PM   #26718
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
off the top of my head...

catwoman
batman and robin
batman forever
F4 rise of the silver surfer
xmen apoc
xmen last stand
xmen origins wolverine
green lantern
IM3
suicide squad
justice league
ang lee hulk
spiderman 3
the amazing spiderman 2

strong contendars based on what ive heard:
punisher warzone
elektra
birds of prey

sketchy but watchable:
F4
daredevil
blade trinity
First try and pretty much nailed it, imo.

Or should I say, ?

Pretty impressive that the list only has one Marvel Studios movie...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 12:07 AM   #26719
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

The Long Riders (1980) 7/10. Probably my favorite Jesse James movie. Can’t believe it’s 40 years old. I probably hadn’t seen it in 20 years.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:47 AM   #26720
abubakarhimself
Justice League

Just rewatched Man of Steel (2013) in 4K. 10/10.
abubakarhimself is offline   Reply With Quote