Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-01-2020, 07:02 PM   #1101
Amplac
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I think Sideshow artificially flips a switch on some pieces to Waitlist which could flag the factories to slow or hold further production. Kind of like Sideshows own made to order process. But I speculate.

I anticipate a 2020 Hulk coming soon. You heard it here first!

I think you may be right. I joined the waitlist today and converted today. If they announce another hulk, I will order it. He’s my favorite character. Hoping sideshow attempts a hulkbuster as well, but no battle damage or very little.
Amplac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 07:45 PM   #1102
Tarksis
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Another fully sculpted, no neck seam, charging, fist swinging, coming at ya, modern classic HULK? FCK YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XM version is really nice, but way too excessively large and expensive. And I don't want my Hulk looking up at the "gods", though it fits the narrative, which is too Shakespearean for me. And a Hulk sculpt not showcasing a mighty fist(?), is just wrong.

But I can envision a Martin Canale sculpt which will best it, easily. The master of hulking anatomy is on a role. Hulk and then Apocalypse!

No, not trying to start a war. Just wait, and watch
Im not much of a classic Hulk fan but Canale might just make me one I have many Canale sculpts including Odium, he definitely knows his way around giant muscle bound characters. However, if I did want a classic Hulk, the XM Transformation would satisfy. As for a size comparison, the XM base is monstrous for sure, especially with Bruce out front. But Hulk looks smaller than SSC Glad Hulk, based off the unboxing video XM put up. Especially in the legs and hands (comparing them to the unboxer's hands). Glad Hulks hands are nearly as large as mine and I'm a big guy. And only half an inch difference in overall hight.

Im all for more options though.
Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 07:45 PM   #1103
Tarksis
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amplac View Post
I think you may be right. I joined the waitlist today and converted today. If they announce another hulk, I will order it. He’s my favorite character. Hoping sideshow attempts a hulkbuster as well, but no battle damage or very little.
Old 05-01-2020, 08:11 PM   #1104
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarksis View Post
Im not much of a classic Hulk fan but Canale might just make me one I have many Canale sculpts including Odium, he definitely knows his way around giant muscle bound characters. However, if I did want a classic Hulk, the XM Transformation would satisfy. As for a size comparison, the XM base is monstrous for sure, especially with Bruce out front. But Hulk looks smaller than SSC Glad Hulk, based off the unboxing video XM put up. Especially in the legs and hands (comparing them to the unboxer's hands). Glad Hulks hands are nearly as large as mine and I'm a big guy. And only half an inch difference in overall hight.

What I meant as too big, was a reference to the composition as a whole, Banner, and base, never Hulk, as Hulk can never be too big. If XM Hulk was solely available, I may have committed. But then again, I need one Hulk, staring right at you, charging, fist swinging, detailed to the bone, but not over shredded, but huge, pissed. Canale masterpiece once again please.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 08:34 PM   #1105
Tarksis
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
What I meant as too big, was a reference to the composition as a whole, Banner, and base, never Hulk, as Hulk can never be too big. If XM Hulk was solely available, I may have committed. But then again, I need one Hulk, staring right at you, charging, fist swinging, detailed to the bone, but not over shredded, but huge, pissed. Canale masterpiece once again please.
Old 05-05-2020, 05:06 PM   #1106
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossMcCollector View Post
I love how this Hulk looks in my collection, and how everyone is trying to get a piece of him

I have the Thor piece and I think Hulk would go well with it. Wow Hulk is huge. I have nowhere to put it.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 10:03 PM   #1107
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarksis View Post

I have the XM transformation HULK coming. I can't wait for it to arrive. I've been waiting forever for a 1/4 classic green HULK that I like and as far as I'm concerned, XM nailed it! I simply do not trust sideshow to release a classic HULK anymore. I dislike both classic green 1/4 HULKs sideshow has released. I'm also convinced that even if by chance sideshow does release a classic HULK I do like, they'll just mess it up with a seam on his neck or wrist.

Even though the XM transformation HULK cost me a pretty penny, I already know it comes with no visible seams and looks phenomenal. So, picking it up was a no-brainer for me.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 03:02 AM   #1108
Emperor
Birdman

I was hoping to get some opinions from all the owners of this piece. I have the OG Gladiator and King Hulk and I'm strongly considering selling them to pick this guy up in their place. I just really love the way he looks with the Brimstone Thor and New Cap. So for everyone who has it in their collection, is he worth it? Or should I just stick with the OG pieces?
Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:18 AM   #1109
RossMcCollector
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
I was hoping to get some opinions from all the owners of this piece. I have the OG Gladiator and King Hulk and I'm strongly considering selling them to pick this guy up in their place. I just really love the way he looks with the Brimstone Thor and New Cap. So for everyone who has it in their collection, is he worth it? Or should I just stick with the OG pieces?
It depends on what your display plan is. If you are looking to display this Hulk with Brimstone Thor and New Cap then I highly recommending going for it!
Even as a standalone piece he is impressive, but you won't get the standing tall feeling like OG Gladiator and King Hulk.
RossMcCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 12:47 PM   #1110
Tarksis
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
If you have Thor:BoB then it's a no brainer IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200510_233613.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	455.3 KB
ID:	130731