Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 07-13-2021, 01:59 PM   #1
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Dark Horse Library Editions and Omnibuses

I got all the Hellboy Library edition HCs, B.p.r.d.: Hell on Earth Omnibus HCs, B.p.r.d.: The Devil You know Omnibus HC, Witchfinder Omnibus vol. 1 HC,B.p.r.d.: 1946-1948 HC, Hellboy And The B.p.r.d.: 1952-1954 HC, Abe Sapien: Dark And Terrible Vol. 1-2 HC, Usagi Yojimbo Saga vol. 1-6 TPB.

Unfortunaly, i don't have Usagi Yojimbo Saga 7-8 TPBs and they are out of stock and OOP. :/ but fortunatly reprints are on the way.

I don't have B.p.r.d.: Plague of Frogs HCs and Abe Sapien: Drowning and Other Stories HC. I couldn't find the Hard Covers anywhere... They are out of stock and Plague of Frogs are super OOP... Desperatly hoping for HC reprints.. :/
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 10:36 AM   #2
Blindzider
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I got all the Hellboy Library edition HCs, B.p.r.d.: Hell on Earth Omnibus HCs, B.p.r.d.: The Devil You know Omnibus HC, Witchfinder Omnibus vol. 1 HC,B.p.r.d.: 1946-1948 HC, Hellboy And The B.p.r.d.: 1952-1954 HC, Abe Sapien: Dark And Terrible Vol. 1-2 HC, Usagi Yojimbo Saga vol. 1-6 TPB.

Unfortunaly, i don't have Usagi Yojimbo Saga 7-8 TPBs and they are out of stock and OOP. :/ but fortunatly reprints are on the way.

I don't have B.p.r.d.: Plague of Frogs HCs and Abe Sapien: Drowning and Other Stories HC. I couldn't find the Hard Covers anywhere... They are out of stock and Plague of Frogs are super OOP... Desperatly hoping for reprints.. :/
Last year I started buying the Hellboy Library Editions (and even got a friend to get them) but we only made it up to Vol. 2 before all the stock seems to have disappeared. Still waiting for DH to start printing them again.

Still upset I missed out on the Usagi Yojimbo HC 2nd edition.
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 11:32 AM   #3
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindzider View Post
Last year I started buying the Hellboy Library Editions (and even got a friend to get them) but we only made it up to Vol. 2 before all the stock seems to have disappeared. Still waiting for DH to start printing them again.

Still upset I missed out on the Usagi Yojimbo HC 2nd edition.
Last year ? it seems it certainly took your sweet time to start to get Hellboy Library editions. They really kept them around for a long time. Way too long time than anything, i know of which gets reprints.

I completed to get Hellboy library Editions, may be 9 years ago or something. I wasn't sure about B.p.r.d. but finally pulled the trigger kind of late. No, Plague of Frogs HCs for me... Or Abe Sapien: Drowning and Other stories HC... :/

Just ordered; Hellboy Universe: The Secret Histories HC btw (:
Old 07-14-2021, 11:42 AM   #4
Blindzider
The Spirit

Quote:
Last year ? it seems it certainly took your sweet time to start to get Hellboy Library editions. They really kept them around for a long time. Way too long time than anything, i know of which gets reprints.

I completed to get Hellboy library Editions, may be 9 years ago or something. I wasn't sure about B.p.r.d. but finally pulled the trigger kind of late. No, Plague of Frogs HCs for me... Or Abe Sapien: Drowning and Other stories HC... :/

Just ordered; Hellboy Universe: The Secret Histories HC btw (:

Yeah, I tried Hellboy when it first came out and didn't love it, even though I really like Mignola's art. Then when HCs started coming out there was just so many other things higher on my list to get. Last year was when I finally decided to jump in. Hoping to try BPRD soon.
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 01:02 PM   #5
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
I completed to get Hellboy library Editions, may be 9 years ago or something
The last volume was published only 4 years ago.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 01:52 PM   #6
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindzider View Post
Yeah, I tried Hellboy when it first came out and didn't love it, even though I really like Mignola's art. Then when HCs started coming out there was just so many other things higher on my list to get. Last year was when I finally decided to jump in. Hoping to try BPRD soon.
B.p.r.d. is amazing as far as i read Hell on Earth. No Mignola art but it's still good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
The last volume was published only 4 years ago.
Really, i could swear i completed Hellboy Library Editions before 2013 but it seems my mind fails me...
4 years ago huh... Not very long ago, but i feel like it has been ages... HA !
Old 07-14-2021, 05:18 PM   #7
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Really, i could swear i completed Hellboy Library Editions before 2013 but it seems my mind fails me...
4 years ago huh... Not very long ago, but i feel like it has been ages... HA !
Bear in mind the last volume wasn't named Vol. 7, but 'Hellboy in Hell', and came out much later than the rest. Maybe you didn't get that one?
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 06:37 PM   #8
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Bear in mind the last volume wasn't named Vol. 7, but 'Hellboy in Hell', and came out much later than the rest. Maybe you didn't get that one?
Hey hey hey now... I may not be the shapest tool on the shelf since i can't remember when i bought The Hellboy in Hell Library edition, but i got it. I'm not a compelete dumb ass... !
Old 03-21-2022, 10:53 AM   #9
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I got the Witchfinder Omnibus, vol. 2, it even arrived. And i preordered Lobster Johnson Omnibus, vol. 1... After i missed Lobster Johnson Omnibus,vol 1 on IST. I just waited 3 days to order it with Wolverine and The X-Men and Geoff Johns Flash Omnibuses... So i could have downed the cost of the shipping... But the cruel fate, it got out of stock only in 3 days... :/ i went to Bookdepository and preordered it there. I hope there is enough stock in their hands.

I started to read Usagi Yojimbo Saga TPBs of mine. Really good stuff, pretty autantic about Edo Age Japan. No wonder Stan Sakai got the Cultural Ambassador Award. This is a guy who keeps his Japanese haritage very dear to his heart.
Old 03-21-2022, 01:28 PM   #10
Mister H
Green Goblin

Lobster Johnson is one of my favorite comic characters. I hope he stays obscure and never gets ruined like the Punisher or Captain America.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote