Old 10-03-2017, 08:51 AM   #31
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Just watched episodes 1 and 2. Not great but will give it a chance
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:01 AM   #32
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Just watched it myself. It was entertaining and not near as bad as I had read. I'll give it a few more episodes.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:51 AM   #33
risingstar
Jedi Order

I think what is putting people off is:

1) Black Bolt does not talk. I realize he is written that way in the comics but it doesn't work all that well on TV. His bizarre facial expressions aren't helping.
2) The Royal family was so easily beaten. It looked like Maximus could have taken over Attilan at any time. Also, how dumb and oblivious can Black Bolt and Medusa be to not be aware of such a grand-scale mutiny in the works? It's hard to sympathize or side with a supposed power couple that seemed so weak and unaware. In the end, people prefer to back smart and strong rather than entitled and aloof.
3) The Terrigen mists were not explained well.
4) The costumes and make-up presented too low tech and unimaginative.
5) The Royal house didn't look very royal... It looked more like someone's upper scale condo. It looked like my Aunt Fanny was their interior decorator.
6) Not enough demonstration or use of super powers. We're left to assume they have powers. Not good enough in 2017.
7) What are the stakes exactly? Why should we care if the Inhumans go back to Earth? That's not clear? Does Maximus want to rule Earth? Does he want to work at Wal-Mart? What does he want for himself and his people? Why/when did they leave to begin with? How did they build all those buildings on the Moon?
8) Not enough eye-candy other than Crystal. Not enough cool gadgets. The fans need more babes and gadgets.
9) It's already known that this series has been cancelled so why invest time in watching the show?
10) Let's be honest - it wasn't that entertaining.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:37 PM   #34
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I think what is putting people off is:

1) Black Bolt does not talk. I realize he is written that way in the comics but it doesn't work all that well on TV. His bizarre facial expressions aren't helping.
2) The Royal family was so easily beaten. It looked like Maximus could have taken over Attilan at any time. Also, how dumb and oblivious can Black Bolt and Medusa be to not be aware of such a grand-scale mutiny in the works? It's hard to sympathize or side with a supposed power couple that seemed so weak and unaware. In the end, people prefer to back smart and strong rather than entitled and aloof.
3) The Terrigen mists were not explained well.
4) The costumes and make-up presented too low tech and unimaginative.
5) The Royal house didn't look very royal... It looked more like someone's upper scale condo. It looked like my Aunt Fanny was their interior decorator.
6) Not enough demonstration or use of super powers. We're left to assume they have powers. Not good enough in 2017.
7) What are the stakes exactly? Why should we care if the Inhumans go back to Earth? That's not clear? Does Maximus want to rule Earth? Does he want to work at Wal-Mart? What does he want for himself and his people? Why/when did they leave to begin with? How did they build all those buildings on the Moon?
8) Not enough eye-candy other than Crystal. Not enough cool gadgets. The fans need more babes and gadgets.
9) It's already known that this series has been cancelled so why invest time in watching the show?
10) Let's be honest - it wasn't that entertaining.

Agreed on all counts RS.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:46 PM   #35
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

It's crap, could they shave Medusa's head any faster so they can avoid the CGI... BOOOOO
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:22 PM   #36
FROBAY
Phoenix

I hope this show gets better.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:27 PM   #37
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Can't see this getting a 2nd season with the low number of viewers. Will hang in there for the remaining 5 episodes.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote