Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-21-2017, 08:37 AM   #791
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Other then Paint details with the blood and some more grey shading with the fur, I think it looks good here.

JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:40 AM   #792
V8Falcon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjrstatueman View Post
not enough upper gums as expected so I am hoping they can be popped off and reset.
That's what I'm hoping too. I can't understand how something like that would have gotten changed in the first place though. They must have lost all communication with art direction at some point.

Oh well. I hope you post a video on your work if you do it. May have to send you mine.
V8Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:55 AM   #793
toty21
The Avengers

Wasn't this supposed to have acrylic teeth? Those teeth seem very non-acrylic.
toty21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 11:17 AM   #794
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

It was never mentioned to have acrylic teeth i looked through the entire thread a while back.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:37 PM   #795
heman
Kindly Asked To Leave

So GLAD I didnt order this. I was going to but after seeing this and the paint app, the lack of gums and some retooling.........big disappointment. I dont know whats going on, but between PCS not fullfilling their promises to customers because of NEW OWNERSHIP( which is total crap, when my company was bought out, we kept all prior promises and quotes and honored them, thats how you keep customers) the wait times, the production pieces not looking anything like the prototypes...............I could go on, but PCS better make a DRASTIC change if they want to stay around because alot of dedicated fans including myself are done with it. I personally dont care if Jerry is there or not or who owns it, what I care about is good service, good product, and timelines that are met. So far, its not looking good, which is a shame as I have bought TONS of PCS product and hoped to continue. I think this is how most were invisioning the wolfs face and blood and so on, granted this is a lifesize with real fur, but the gums and blood idea remain the same. Putting a good blood and drool paint app is really not that hard at all!

heman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:43 PM   #796
Statuehunter117
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by heman View Post
So GLAD I didnt order this. I was going to but after seeing this and the paint app, the lack of gums and some retooling.........big disappointment. I dont know whats going on, but between PCS not fullfilling their promises to customers because of NEW OWNERSHIP( which is total crap, when my company was bought out, we kept all prior promises and quotes and honored them, thats how you keep customers) the wait times, the production pieces not looking anything like the prototypes...............I could go on, but PCS better make a DRASTIC change if they want to stay around because alot of dedicated fans including myself are done with it. I personally dont care if Jerry is there or not or who owns it, what I care about is good service, good product, and timelines that are met. So far, its not looking good, which is a shame as I have bought TONS of PCS product and hoped to continue.
I completely agree and i would say 99% of the community does, after 1/3 goro im done with this company they are more stressfull and annoying to deal with than their subpar products with 2.5 year waits are worth.
Statuehunter117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:43 PM   #797
ukshaun
Hercules

I hope Chun Li 1/3 and Mileena 1/3 turn out 99% like the prototypes.
Both these two statues are my 1st PCS statues, and my 1st 1/3 statues
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 01:05 PM   #798
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post
I will have mine next week or so and I can tell you I have never been less excited to receive a piece after looking at the first in hand pictures.
Looking at this is extremely disappointing for me as it was one of my most anticipated pieces ever!The problem is there is nothing else out there in a decent size.It's a very nice detailed sculpt but the production piece is so underwhelming.
A reviewer I know I can trust - let us know bud

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 02:40 PM   #799
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Will do Spike.

In all honesty I must admit I misled myself in thinking we would be receiving something spectacular teeth-wise,as we did with the Akuma 1/3.
The acrylic teeth on Akuma are mindblowingly exceptional and something I've never seen before on a high end mass produced statue.So,so beautifull.I was under the impression the teeth on the Kessler Wolf were acrylic aswell (proto pics).I guess I was naive to think they would do the same on a $400 piece. Lesson learned.
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 02:52 PM   #800
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
Other then Paint details with the blood and some more grey shading with the fur, I think it looks good here.

I'm sorry but the casting of the teeth look really,really bad...especially the upper teeth bewteen the fangs.
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote