Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 05-31-2014, 02:18 AM   #31
Vracula
Jedi Order

It's all going to be streamed directly from the cloud so If you think you gonna shove yr Xbox 360 Cd's in yr XBox one yr sh1t outta luck
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:35 PM   #32
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
A patch which will basically be a system update..which will install the software needed to play old games. Not sure if they will be automatically installed in the newer systems or if it will be a download only thing.
As far as I heard this is a free update when it happens.
aahh ok sweet. thanks for the info man.

then ill be getting one as soon as Arkham Knight comes out.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:36 PM   #33
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
It's all going to be streamed directly from the cloud so If you think you gonna shove yr Xbox 360 Cd's in yr XBox one yr sh1t outta luck
please explain kind sir... ill be getting a PS4
Old 05-31-2014, 08:58 PM   #34
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Should have had it from day one. Idiots.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:04 PM   #35
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
That would not be considered backwards compatible...that would be them just saying older games are on demand. From what they said you will be able to play "Your" old games...
Remember it's not far fetched...At launch the PS4 allowed you to play a few PS3 games and buy the upgraded versions for 10 bucks, you had to use the ps3 cd to play it....this means it already can read older discs.
Frankierock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:04 AM   #36
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
please explain kind sir... ill be getting a PS4
Imagine you log into your playstation now account and click on a game and immediately start playing it no waiting for download at all,everything is being processed elsewhere and not your PS4,In the future we wont even need console's everything can be streamed directly to your Tv,Some people are saying we might be seeing the last generation of Physical consoles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
That would not be considered backwards compatible...that would be them just saying older games are on demand. From what they said you will be able to play "Your" old games...
Remember it's not far fetched...At launch the PS4 allowed you to play a few PS3 games and buy the upgraded versions for 10 bucks, you had to use the ps3 cd to play it....this means it already can read older discs.
I actually looked this up and your right ,I didn't know this,However it was only used to activate the game,the game was entirely a digital copy and the game was running entirely from your hard drive,you still needed the disc sitting in your console though but it wasn't providing any other service apart from just autheticating/decrypting/antipiracy protection. The reason to hold onto the game was simple,they wanted to prevent people buying a PS3 version then selling it to someone else, but still able to play on PS4 for like 10$ Or flipside buying the PS3 version and selling the code to someone else who could download the PS4 version.

I still however believe they will be pushing their cloud services, If XBox one do provide backward compatibilty they will turn the tide immediately and race past the ps4.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:08 PM   #37
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Imagine you log into your playstation now account and click on a game and immediately start playing it no waiting for download at all,everything is being processed elsewhere and not your PS4,In the future we wont even need console's everything can be streamed directly to your Tv,Some people are saying we might be seeing the last generation of Physical consoles.
aahhh yeas. i see. thats true. i remember them talking about that like 10 years ago.
cool man. thanks.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #38
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
aahhh yeas. i see. thats true. i remember them talking about that like 10 years ago.
cool man. thanks.
Check it out Sony Bravia Playstation now enabled Tv's

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/04/1...-bravia-4k-tvs

I am excited to be honest,All the console fanboys won't fight anymore and we shall know peace for a thousand years.It's like what John Lennon spoke about.