Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 02-23-2017, 05:52 PM   #6611
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Yeah I'm in no hurry. The prices will definitely go down.
MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:50 PM   #6612
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Without question this will go down. Plus these aren't even going out until May so purchasing it right now any other way than direct at retail is just moronic.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 01:50 AM   #6613
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

That's a long wait for a print. I don't think I've ever waited that long before. But I can't remember the last print I "won" from a Mondo release. I think my last Mondo prints have all been either gallery or Mondocon prints.

What Mondo should do is obvious. They have released timed editions before. Other galleries release timed editions for popular prints and a few variants for those that want a low numbered release.

Mondo could even do a short timed window for popular releases like 15 - 30 minutes. Still keep the release secret. But 15 to 30 minutes should be enough for people who really want a print to wait around and get it. And the numbers would be enough on the majority of prints to discourage flippers. I would be surprised with this recent Tyler Stout Civil War print if there were more than 400 on the drop if it's true that he receives 1/3 of the run. That's too small for the number of people that are after prints today.

I don't think many here get vinyl records. But Waxwork released The Thing on vinyl in deluxe and normal versions.

http://waxworkrecords.com/collection...ucts/the-thing

There was a big blow up because many missed the deluxe. Which has happened before with some of their other releases. But this time, they decided to do a timed reprint of the deluxe so people who wanted it could get it.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:14 AM   #6614
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Without question this will go down. Plus these aren't even going out until May so purchasing it right now any other way than direct at retail is just moronic.
I haven't framed my 2 Avengers and 1 Cap print so I can definitely wait it out. lol
Old 02-26-2017, 03:48 PM   #6615
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Good luck to all those entering the lottery. I know some here have had some luck, unfortunately I'm not among them and I've entered every one for the last 7 years. I keep thinking... maybe this will be the one?
I've won it at least once, maybe twice. At anyrate I didn't have an affinity for the subject matter and brother Frobay got to reap the benefit.

I haven't been in love with a Stout since his GotG and feel that he peaked with his CA:TFA piece myself.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 04:36 PM   #6616
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I've won it at least once, maybe twice. At anyrate I didn't have an affinity for the subject matter and brother Frobay got to reap the benefit.

I haven't been in love with a Stout since his GotG and feel that he peaked with his CA:TFA piece myself.
Thank you
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 05:28 PM   #6617
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Avengers for me. I have a feeling that it will be my first and only Tyler Stout print.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:57 PM   #6618
ReplicantSavior

Mondo has another Ghost in the Shell print coming next week. It's for the new movie though...So I hope those that wanted the great Martin Ansin version, either normal or foil, got it. As the remaining on eBay are for stupid amounts now. And I doubt either the new movie or Mondo poster for that movie will be able to stand next to the classic original releases. In fact, the next print might make the Ansin version go up even more...

EDIT! - The Mondo release is for the original movie! I didn't read the screening location completely and assumed just because the new movie is coming out soon. I guess there will be a potential to compare with the Martin Ansin version. We'll see next week.

Last edited by ReplicantSavior; 03-07-2017 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Didn't read the full tweet...
Old 04-05-2017, 04:17 PM   #6619
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Managed to grab a regular civil war print from the stout lottery.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:38 PM   #6620
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Managed to grab a regular civil war print from the stout lottery.
Lucky SOB! Entered as usual, have heard nothing. If I strike out again that makes me 0/13. Unreal.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote