Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-11-2020, 12:45 PM   #1
ljspiper
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Ever make a custom display mount for Change of Head (CoH) or other swapout items?

Have you ever made a display mount for the alternate portraits that come with a character? I'm about to get my first statue with a Change of Head (SS Emma Frost), and it's tempting to think about some way to display the alternate head when it's not on the statue.

It seems like a bother to have to retrieve it from the SS packing when it's wanted, but that's probably the safest place to keep things, unless you store swapouts in a foam bedding in a case as some do. I don't think I'd swap frequently, but I try to dust once a week and that's a time to think about changing things up.

For Emma Frost, I thought a faceted diamond might make an interesting CoH display stand - I see youTube videos of folks casting clear resin into largish diamond molds. It would take some doing to get the casting setup to accept the "tab" on the head, and I'd want to add a magnet in there I suppose. I'll give it some thought....

I've got to admit when I see pics of CoH items displayed next to their statues, it seems ... unsettling. -) I think it's the animated expressions on the dis-embodied heads... But, I don't feel the same way about most busts - they tend to 'frame' the head with shoulders/chest/etc.; at least I think that's why they don't bother me in the same way.

So... anyone make their own display mounts?

PS: Humor time: Thinking about the magnets on the head 'tabs', I realized you might be able to stick CoH items on a refrigerator door or metal file cabinet ... what a terrible idea/recipe for disaster! -)
ljspiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 03:20 PM   #2
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

I think Vince Vell does something along these lines

https://www.youtube.com/user/VinceVellCUSTOMS

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote