Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 06-08-2006, 02:01 PM   #1
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

2nd Round, Pride FC open weight tournament 7/2/06 US ppv)

For MMA fans, fans of pride fc:

FOUR BOUTS ANNOUNCED FOR CRITICAL COUNTDOWN ABSOLUTE '06

06/11/2006

Four bouts have been announced for PRIDE FIGHTING'S upcoming July 2nd event, CRITICAL COUNTDOWN ABSOLUTE 2006..
The card so far features Japanese Olympic gold medallist HIDEHIKO YOSHIDA against the Croatian sensation, also MIRKO "CROCOP" FILIPOVIC. The "AXE MURDERER" WANDERLEI SILVA is scheduled to war with KAZUYUKI "IRONHEAD" FUJITA. In addition, MIRKO CROCOP'S Brazilian Jiujitsu coach, FABRICIO WERDUM will face off against fellow Brazilian ANTONIO RODRIGO NOGUEIRA, leaving New Zealander MARK HUNT to duke it out with "THE BABY FACED ASSASIN" JOSH BARNETT.

CRITICAL COUNTDOWN ABSOLUTE is the second round of PRIDE FIGHTING'S 2006 16-Man Grand Prix Tournament. ABSOLUTE means no weight classes. Two more rounds of the tournament remain: CRITICAL COUNTDOWN ABSOLUTE (Second Round) and FINAL CONFLICT ABSOLUTE (Semi-Finals and Finals). The date for the latter event will be announced soon.

CRITICAL COUNTDOWN ABSOLUTE 2006 is scheduled to premiere on North American pay per view on Sunday, July 2, 2006.

INDEMAND, DIRECTV, DISH Network, TVN
PPV Premiere Date: Sunday, July 2, 2006
Premiere Time: 10:00 pm ET, 7:00 pm PT
Count Down show: 9:30 pm ET, 6:30 pm PT

Obvioiusly I want cro cop to win, I think he will put the hurt on Yoshida, The fight between Nogeria and Werdum may possibly be the best BJJ we will ever see in an MMA fight, and I am looking forward to a fantastic "chess match" if you will. Silva has pretty much been castrated since his loss to that ***** Arona, he may very well beat Fujita but it will be by decision, we haven't seen the "axe murderer" in awhile. I don't see Fedor on the card, I thought he was supposed to fight in the second round. I also hope hunt destroys Barnett, he definately has better Cardio than aleksander, whom Barnett beat becasuse aleksander pretty much ran out of gas. Anyway. That's how I see it...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:06 PM   #2
Ish
Kindly Asked To Leave

great card, i see wanderlei is back awsome.

mirko vs yoshida, that will be interesting, i wonder if yoshida is gonna be able to take the fight to the ground and keep it there, or is he gonna try to do what he did with wand and stand up cro cop wil take him apart in that case.
Ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:08 PM   #3
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

you guys see it?

I was kinda suprised by Hunt vs. Barnett, and was happy to see Wanderlei is back to being an axe murdere.

And godDAMN cro cop crippled yoshida I think, talk about chopping down a tree, damn man.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:16 PM   #4
Ish
Kindly Asked To Leave

nah didn't get to see it, totaly forgot, with the world cup and all.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:26 PM   #5
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish
nah didn't get to see it, totaly forgot, with the world cup and all.

you'd be proud of your boy. Wanderlei was a freakin' animal.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:33 PM   #6
leks
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Yeh I saw the stream, decisive victories for all the winners, great event, hopefully I can re-view it in some better quality soon.
Barnett is a tough guy, silva looked good, crocop fought smart and hard, crippling yoshida easy as pie, nog did well.

Interesting now that Fedor is out lets see who is the best of the rest.
leks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:41 PM   #7
misanthrope
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

hey leks, i tried your link last night and had no luck. it would start up for a sec and then go blank. i missed it all. ill try again next time after i sign up. thanks for lookin out!
misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:11 PM   #8
Ish
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
you'd be proud of your boy. Wanderlei was a freakin' animal.
i would like him to go with chuck lidell, now that the ufc is talking all that sh!t and saying that he's at his best right now and that he's the best lightheavyweight in the world.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:36 PM   #9
leks
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misanthrope
hey leks, i tried your link last night and had no luck. it would start up for a sec and then go blank. i missed it all. ill try again next time after i sign up. thanks for lookin out!
yeh sorry for that the stream had been stable for over a day, but seems it ended quite soon after I posted, aarrgh Ill be quicker next time.
leks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:18 PM   #10
bat_collector
Galactus

who is cro cop fighting next? barnett? if so, barnett is due for another whippin
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote