Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-06-2018, 11:33 AM   #2961
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronica View Post
was wolverine shipped with the normal shipping box?

mine was packed in another box which seem like a returned piece,

mine number is 1140

Yes, Wolverine was shipped in the normal SideShow shipping box.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:50 PM   #2962
SLO_MO
The Spirit

So there seems to be some rumbling in the Rogue thread that this guy is developing a lean, which is making me paranoid. My statue has a tiny (less than a mm) wobble side to side although he seems to be sitting completely flush in the base (left foot is 100% sitting on the sentinel finger).

As I'm not on any of the Facebook groups, can someone provide some more information and /or photos on what's going on with this one?
SLO_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:10 PM   #2963
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO_MO View Post
So there seems to be some rumbling in the Rogue thread that this guy is developing a lean, which is making me paranoid. My statue has a tiny (less than a mm) wobble side to side although he seems to be sitting completely flush in the base (left foot is 100% sitting on the sentinel finger).

As I'm not on any of the Facebook groups, can someone provide some more information and /or photos on what's going on with this one?
I have had mine for awhile now, and no issues. As far as the tiny wobble you mentioned. I have realized after quite a few purchases, not all the statues will be 100% perfect there will be minor imperfections. Yes they are expensive, yes you want them to be perfect. Just doesnt happen all the time.
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:10 PM   #2964
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

How can this lean???? It weighs nothing and is firmly planted into a heavy base. I don’t get it
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:31 PM   #2965
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:

Mine had a wobble from the get-go. Nothing big, though. Only way I can really see this leaning over time is if people aren't setting it all the way into the base or it's displayed in high temperatures/humidity...or both. The peg is thick enough and long enough that I think if it's firmly in the base and the temperature is decent you should be good. Of course, what do I know?
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:12 PM   #2966
FJC
Midnighter

Mine is still all good. However, I have no wobble and my figure is perfectly flush on the base.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:19 PM   #2967
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Mine fit perfectly in, no lean, no wobble, no wobble on the heads either. I guess I was one of the lucky ones
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:42 PM   #2968
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
How can this lean???? It weighs nothing and is firmly planted into a heavy base. I don’t get it
It's only planted firmly if people plant it firmly when they first insert it. I think that's where problems are going to start from.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:44 PM   #2969
SLO_MO
The Spirit

I don't mind the wobble at all, the only reason I mentioned it was that others seemed to be suggesting it as a precursor to a lean. Otherwise my piece seems solid and is standing as straight as when I first got him as far as I can tell. Mostly just curious if there's anything to the talk or if it's the usual exaggerated issues on the internet / board.
SLO_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 11:19 AM   #2970
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
I don't mind the wobble at all, the only reason I mentioned it was that others seemed to be suggesting it as a precursor to a lean. Otherwise my piece seems solid and is standing as straight as when I first got him as far as I can tell. Mostly just curious if there's anything to the talk or if it's the usual exaggerated issues on the internet / board.

This piece is solid, enjoy. Don't listen to all the mindless BS the XM fartboys have tried to taint this wonderful sculpt with. Note the lesson, and learn how to recognize the stench.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote