Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-19-2018, 11:22 PM   #1891
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I've loved this piece from day 1 (minus the fabric and EX head), but it simply makes me too nervous to place an order at this point in time.
After engineering is clarified and production photos surface is when i'll probably bite.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 12:54 AM   #1892
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
After engineering is clarified and production photos surface is when i'll probably bite.
Good luck. I have a feeling you're going to need it.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 03:21 AM   #1893
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post

Another poster mentioned casting the entire saw/armature and Rogue’s connecting arm as a metal piece. I think that’ll work as well.
I made that suggestion, but I doubt they will consider it.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:14 AM   #1894
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Spin it how you want. The analogy works. You just don’t get it.

1. Food poisoning is caused mostly by carelessness, improper hygiene, contamination, etc. To put it in simple terms mostly human factors in that particular kitchen.
Also true for designing statues (or buildings and bridges). The engineer makes sure these things are balanced and will stand the test of time.
So if you have a cook/engineer that cooked/designed something that led to food poisoning/collapsed bridge do you express pessimism that they can do their job or optimistically say “oh it’s alright, they’ve done good work before.”

2. You were the first to bring up planes/cars and how I shouldn’t be getting into them. Which is a terrible analogy because the circumstances are not controlled by one person (for the most part).
I modified your analogy to drunk driving to make it better. Driver who drinks and drives get taken off road...not “oh he doesn’t crash every time, I’ll be optimistic and let it go.”

Pretty sure that’ll still go over your head. I mean how can I argue against “optimism?”
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:16 AM   #1895
French Cancan
Deadman

Rogue, I am leaning your way.
And...
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:49 AM   #1896
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post

Rogue, I am leaning your way.
And...
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:33 AM   #1897
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
But I wonder when that will be?

A couple of months prior to it shipping or longer? By which time a lot of individuals I assume would have already placed their preorders with their chosen retailers.
Who knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Good luck. I have a feeling you're going to need it.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 02:46 PM   #1898
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Spin it how you want. The analogy works. You just don’t get it.

1. Food poisoning is caused mostly by carelessness, improper hygiene, contamination, etc. To put it in simple terms mostly human factors in that particular kitchen.
Also true for designing statues (or buildings and bridges). The engineer makes sure these things are balanced and will stand the test of time.
So if you have a cook/engineer that cooked/designed something that led to food poisoning/collapsed bridge do you express pessimism that they can do their job or optimistically say “oh it’s alright, they’ve done good work before.”

2. You were the first to bring up planes/cars and how I shouldn’t be getting into them. Which is a terrible analogy because the circumstances are not controlled by one person (for the most part).
I modified your analogy to drunk driving to make it better. Driver who drinks and drives get taken off road...not “oh he doesn’t crash every time, I’ll be optimistic and let it go.”

Pretty sure that’ll still go over your head. I mean how can I argue against “optimism?”
You can't stay on topic. And you don't even know you're using points that go against your own argument.

Good lord ...I guess I'll keep it simple just for you.

- You don't have proof. You don't know this statue will lean. You just have an opinion. This is the real topic.

- You're the one trying to invalidate other people's belief ...that this statue still has a chance to be one of the good ones that don't lean. This you can't understand.

- You said it yourself, food poisoning is caused by human factors. Guess what ...human factors cause crashes too ...maintenance errors, manufacturing errors, pilot errors, driver errors, etc. Your point is working against you.

- There's more than one person involved in preparing food, in building a bridge, in building and maintaining a plane. Anyone of those involved can make mistakes that can lead to food poisoning, a collapsed bridge or a plane crash. Again, your point is working against you.

- The plane analogy was in response to your food poisoning analogy. Again, this goes against your point.

- To your mentality, you shouldn't be using any vehicle because "circumstances are not controlled by one person".

- Bringing up drunk drivers is another attempt to get off topic. You can argue that with yourself.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 02:49 PM   #1899
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

So much drama...here. I think this is my 2nd fav statue that was shown at SSCC (x-23 first). I'm still debating if I want to use my points so the price is reduced. I just don't think its worth what ssc is asking for.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 06:15 PM   #1900
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
You can't stay on topic. And you don't even know you're using points that go against your own argument.

Good lord ...I guess I'll keep it simple just for you.

- You don't have proof. You don't know this statue will lean. You just have an opinion. This is the real topic.

- You're the one trying to invalidate other people's belief ...that this statue still has a chance to be one of the good ones that don't lean. This you can't understand.

- You said it yourself, food poisoning is caused by human factors. Guess what ...human factors cause crashes too ...maintenance errors, manufacturing errors, pilot errors, driver errors, etc. Your point is working against you.

- There's more than one person involved in preparing food, in building a bridge, in building and maintaining a plane. Anyone of those involved can make mistakes that can lead to food poisoning, a collapsed bridge or a plane crash. Again, your point is working against you.

- The plane analogy was in response to your food poisoning analogy. Again, this goes against your point.

- To your mentality, you shouldn't be using any vehicle because "circumstances are not controlled by one person".

- Bringing up drunk drivers is another attempt to get off topic. You can argue that with yourself.
Yup went right over Mr Optimism’s head...what a surprise.

Do continue to stick your head in the sand while reports of leaning statues continue to be reported. Oh that’s right you don’t care...”you just gotta have faith!”
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote