Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 06-16-2014, 02:33 PM   #41
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I don't think they are going to touch on Tyrion's first wife because they don't have the time.

They FLEW the Bran's story, to which I am happy. But while it played out nicely on screen, I wasn't a fan of Brienne being the one to come across Aria/Hound. Though I thought Aria walked away from the Hound in the books too??

Stoneheart WILL come back, there is no way they will let her not come back but create a headless Mountain.

I can't wait til Cersei gets her just desserts.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:44 PM   #42
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I don't think they are going to touch on Tyrion's first wife because they don't have the time.

They FLEW the Bran's story, to which I am happy. But while it played out nicely on screen, I wasn't a fan of Brienne being the one to come across Aria/Hound. Though I thought Aria walked away from the Hound in the books too??

Stoneheart WILL come back, there is no way they will let her not come back but create a headless Mountain.

Yes in the books Sandahl died from his wounds from the bar fight and Aria walked away much earlier and Brienne instead fights some guy who had picked up the hounds helmet and had been impersonating him.

I think they streamlined it for the storyline and did a relatively good job of it. The books really are too tedious at times and it is good I think the way the show has edited some things out (but other things I think they should have left in, matter of opinion to be sure).
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:38 PM   #43
MrYac
Hercules

I know you can't have everything from the books, but that is a friggin huge reveal and much more motivation for Tyrion to go and do what he did. and yes Aria does leave the hound in the books as well (though weather he is dead or not is up in the air) but in the books they didn't have as much time together and there certainly wasn't as much of a bond as there was between them in the show
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:25 PM   #44
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
what the hell was up with that, Jojen dead, no reveal by Jaime about Tyrions first wife, they set up Aria and the Hound too well for me to believe she'd leave him to suffer so much and i'm not crazy about Brienne being the one to beat him like that, not to mention no friggin Stoneheart or Coldhands. but I guess on the bright side we will be getting Robert Strong.... so that's something
Jaime's confession being left out bothered me the most. It didn't make sense to me why Tyrion would risk going to his father when he was so close to freedom. @ least with Jaime's confession it would have made more sense.

It just feels like the writers don't want to sh!t on Jaime. They're more focused on making him into a "good guy".
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:32 PM   #45
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I'm curious to see what happens next season with Bran, there really isn't much left to tell from the books.

Not sure what they'll do with the Iron Islands & Dorne next season. It would be a lot of new characters to introduce.
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:39 PM   #46
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Which is probably why they moved thru all of Bran's story. Gotta make space for those guys AND looks like they are moving Dani's along nicely.

Have we gotten any update on book 6?
Old 06-16-2014, 06:45 PM   #47
MrYac
Hercules

Bran and Dani don't have much to do so i'm fine with them moving them faster, I am still pissed we get fairy tree kids but no Coldhands though, I kept hoping he was going to pop out of the ground and save them all. but it never happened
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:17 PM   #48
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

Now now leave poor Lena alone.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:54 AM   #49
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Oh I want Lena in all her glory enjoying dessert
Old 06-19-2014, 06:37 AM   #50
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkeuZSH8zZ4#t=75
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote