Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-23-2020, 02:44 PM   #261
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I'm not sure you even have to be a die hard fan to notice those two things. They are two glaring and easily avoided mistakes on an otherwise pretty nice statue (The warriors more so) I was hopping that Prime 1 would give us the ultimate queen, but now that we've seen it, I prefer Sideshows. Which makes the weird tale and tiny warriors even more annoying. That said I still prefer the older queen dio that SSC put out. I like the simple design, I may have to try and find one of those in future....
Yeah, maybe I didn't say that correctly. They are obvious. You don't have to be a die hard fan to notice them. It just comes down to how movie accurate does someone need those two things to be to make or break the piece for them. Some people need absolute 100% movie accuracy. Me personally, especially since I don't collect multiple Alien pieces, these two things are non issues, as the pros of the piece far outweigh them. If they stuck the mythos queen head design on the piece, then that's a bigger deal breaker

I agree the tail is an easy fix, not sure why they did what they did. The size of the soldiers would likely have made the whole dio prohibitively large for many people though.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:33 PM   #262
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
It’s ok, I don’t actually mind the design, but it’s a poorly judged product. If there were far fewer alien products coming out it might have been an easier sell but there’s far too many other pieces to choose from, that and it’s overinflated price tag don’t help. They should have done the movie queen in 1:3 but still limited to 250 or so.
is the mythos bust a 1/3 scale?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:33 PM   #263
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Not a fan of the Mythos pieces. Just personal preference. Vader have you checked out the P1 Alien wall art pieces? Specifically the Queen wall art? Do you fancy any of those?
I like the wall art. It's not available on sideshow yet. How big is that queen alien wall mount?
Old 03-23-2020, 04:09 PM   #264
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Oh I know all about those. I read about them when I ghosted SS Freaks. I barely mention them because of how rare, expensive and so far out of reach they are. Matrix took that kit and used it for their own that's why I was interested in the piece. I wanted it and didn't care how I got it. I read & learn from what you post in the ECC threads. You've helped me make a lot of movie monster decisions especially on the Gremlins pieces.

I think people need to know about the company before they take the dive though. Do me a favor and please keep your eyes on your Queen. The pieces that came broke on my Shockwave I fixed but there was one near his crotch that constantly broke even if you sneezed in the same room. That's why I had a cube made to put over him. I couldn't tell you when, but I'd notice non-broke pieces laying on his base at random and that's when the deterioration started. The person who's Queen support snapped had no issues prior to it breaking. His pictures should still be around on Instagram. I have the P1 Shockwave now. You don't want to know what happened with the Matrix piece. I think I paid for the most expensive 15 minute therapy session ever.
Thanks for the heads up and concern it’s definitely appreciated
I do check it every so often and so far it’s been solid. I replaced the acrylic stand with a metal rod that comes out the wall partly because it’s stronger but mainly because you can’t really see it so the statue appears free standing like how it was originally shown.
Sorry to hear about your matrix shockwave, but it’s cool you got the P1 though as that piece is amazing! would’ve like one myself if I had the room
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:11 PM   #265
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
is the mythos bust a 1/3 scale?
Looks more like 1:4 to me
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:50 PM   #266
Vader
Ghost

Not sure. Looks quite a bit bigger than the alien queen 1/4 bust to me. it may be 1/3.5.
Old 03-23-2020, 04:50 PM   #267
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Thanks for the heads up and concern it’s definitely appreciated
I do check it every so often and so far it’s been solid. I replaced the acrylic stand with a metal rod that comes out the wall partly because it’s stronger but mainly because you can’t really see it so the statue appears free standing like how it was originally shown.
Sorry to hear about your matrix shockwave, but it’s cool you got the P1 though as that piece is amazing! would’ve like one myself if I had the room
The P1 shockwave is one of the best pieces ever made.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:22 AM   #268
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
I like the wall art. It's not available on sideshow yet. How big is that queen alien wall mount?
H:57cm W:32.8cm D:17.7cm

You can get it from Secret Compass if interested. I'm actually debating getting it. Knowing me I'll probably tear my wall down.

https://www.secretcompassonline.com/...lien-Wall-Art/
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:54 AM   #269
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Damn that is disturbing...I approve

IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 12:56 PM   #270
John Hammond
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hello, I have seen this figure (Alien Queen sideshow maquette) second-hand and would like to know if it would be a good purchase. I would also like to know if the approximate scale is known because I wanted to put it next to a Tyrannosaurus of the same scale as Stan Winston's creations.
Thanks.
John Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote