Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-01-2020, 12:08 AM   #161
built2shred
Phoenix

I love how this Flash statue came out, the bright colors pop
and all the detail really make this statue look like an art piece and not just a toyish statue...

The paint application is flawless... So far all these DC statues look even better in person then in pictures, they just pop more...

These 1:6 DC Statues of XM might not be as tall as 1:4 statues but their footprint does take up as much space as Sideshow's DC 1:4 statues...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:33 AM   #162
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
and all the detail really make this statue look like an art piece and not just a toyish statue...

The paint application is flawless... So far all these DC statues look even better in person then in pictures, they just pop more...

These 1:6 DC Statues of XM might not be as tall as 1:4 statues but their footprint does take up as much space as Sideshow's DC 1:4 statues...
That's a good point that I think doesn't get discussed enough.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:28 AM   #163
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

I think these 1:6 are great, I just wish they kept the whole line at the same price point. I was all set to PO Green Lantern but it was almost twice the price of Flash. And Darkseid is also at the same price.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:21 AM   #164
Zinnk
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
I think these 1:6 are great, I just wish they kept the whole line at the same price point. I was all set to PO Green Lantern but it was almost twice the price of Flash. And Darkseid is also at the same price.
I 100% agree with you when it comes to GL. However, Darkseid is pretty massive, I can see the value there and I'm seriously thinking of PO-ing him.

It's going to be interesting to see where this hobby heads moving forward (price-wise); seeing that all around us is going to s#!t these days!
Zinnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:27 AM   #165
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinnk View Post
I 100% agree with you when it comes to GL. However, Darkseid is pretty massive, I can see the value there and I'm seriously thinking of PO-ing him.

It's going to be interesting to see where this hobby heads moving forward (price-wise); seeing that all around us is going to s#!t these days!
I think the ES is pretty low on Darkseid too (399 I believe).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:55 AM   #166
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I think the ES is pretty low on Darkseid too (399 I believe).
Yep they capped it at 399... The statue looks awesome...

Quote:
The majority of the statues have stayed at the same price, only a few have gone beyond it... Green Lantern has a lot of extra pieces that have to be molded due to the construct, so I can see why it's more expensive... If they would of done a more simple construct where it could have be molded as one piece it would have been a lot cheaper...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:01 PM   #167
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I assembled this last night and it was a pain! So many pieces and none of the lightning bolts are labeled. You just have to match them to the picture. It looks great though.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:16 PM   #168
Mepaphoros

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
I assembled this last night and it was a pain! So many pieces and none of the lightning bolts are labeled. You just have to match them to the picture. It looks great though.
Dude, I just finished putting it together. Probably took a full hour...I couldn't believe how many little pieces there were! It's a great piece though, feels like tremendous value for what I got.

Very happy with my first purchase from Specfiction (Todd)! Actually, it's my first new statue purchase ever.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200401_120744.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	364.3 KB
ID:	129531  
Old 04-01-2020, 12:41 PM   #169
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Dude, I just finished putting it together. Probably took a full hour...I couldn't believe how many little pieces there were! It's a great piece though, feels like tremendous value for what I got.

Very happy with my first purchase from Specfiction (Todd)! Actually, it's my first new statue purchase ever.
Congrats! I didn't attach the console on mine. I thought it made it seem a little too cluttered in pictures I had seen, but yours looks fine there.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:42 PM   #170
Mepaphoros

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Congrats! I didn't attach the console on mine. I thought it made it seem a little too cluttered in pictures I had seen, but yours looks fine there.
Can you post a pic without it? I don't want to touch it after setting it up..lol.