Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 07-21-2014, 09:22 PM   #31
MrYac
Hercules

i'm ok with the current exclusive stuff taking a year, but if it was the actual real DLC well then i'd probably reconsider my purchase all together
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:09 PM   #32
Luminous
Cyclops

Beta is back online early today. Xbox users can also begin playing the beta. I would at least start the download tonight. It's a little over 10 gigs.

If anyone needs a PS4 beta code let me know.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:34 AM   #33
MrYac
Hercules

spent a decent amount of time in it today, there are some unfortunate issues with the Xbox version that didn't seem to exist on the PlayStation that makes entering the game impossible at times, but other then that it has been fun so far, my biggest complaint is that you can only have 3 man teams, such an odd number and especially annoying as my main group of friends who game consists of 4 guys
Old 07-23-2014, 08:13 AM   #34
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Beta is back online early today. Xbox users can also begin playing the beta. I would at least start the download tonight. It's a little over 10 gigs.

If anyone needs a PS4 beta code let me know.
Are the PS4 codes still valid? I will pass one on to my BF
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:43 AM   #35
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Are the PS4 codes still valid? I will pass one on to my BF
They should be. PM sent.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:46 PM   #36
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Well I gave the game (beta) a solid chance but it just isn't doing much for me. I can safely move my trade credit over to something else.

The whole game just seemed so lifeless. I also wasn't a big fan on the overt reliance on having other players back you up. Single player gameplay (without a strike team) basically had the end boss act as a bullet sponge. No fun in that. They should definitely have balanced the missions better depending on the number of active players.

Considering this is the "next big thing" from the Halo team, I left really disappointed. It suffers from the "jack of all trades/master of none" syndrome. Worst thing is that it'll sell insane amounts as there has been a gaming drought lately and the millions spent in marketing (that should have been applied to the game itself).
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:10 PM   #37
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
and the millions spent in marketing (that should have been applied to the game itself).
while I enjoyed the game I can't argue with a lot of your points, but this one is a bit off as they have allegedly spent something in the area of $500,000,000 on the game
Old 07-27-2014, 10:23 PM   #38
PureInvasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
while I enjoyed the game I can't argue with a lot of your points, but this one is a bit off as they have allegedly spent something in the area of $500,000,000 on the game
If they have spent that much on this game and this is the best they can do...thats just insanity
Old 07-28-2014, 12:19 AM   #39
Luminous
Cyclops

While I kind of understand some of your points, you're assuming the final game is going to always play like that? We got to play to level 8. That's like going into World of Warcraft and complaining about the boss battles in the Barrens or Westfall (low level introduction zones). Not only is this a beta meant to be accessible to as many people as possible (they opened it up to everyone on Friday, no key required), but the difficulty levels can be CHANGED.

I know it may seem like I am coming off like an apologist, but I can't understand some of the criticisms. I think too many people were expecting the second coming of first person shooters. This game is a nice blend of Halo and Diablo. I think it's combining those two games perfectly so far. The game could still be disappointing in the end (I really hope the exploration zones become more varied and more expansive), but this shows a lot of promise.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:04 AM   #40
PureInvasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
While I kind of understand some of your points, you're assuming the final game is going to always play like that? We got to play to level 8. That's like going into World of Warcraft and complaining about the boss battles in the Barrens or Westfall (low level introduction zones). Not only is this a beta meant to be accessible to as many people as possible (they opened it up to everyone on Friday, no key required), but the difficulty levels can be CHANGED.

I know it may seem like I am coming off like an apologist, but I can't understand some of the criticisms. I think too many people were expecting the second coming of first person shooters. This game is a nice blend of Halo and Diablo. I think it's combining those two games perfectly so far. The game could still be disappointing in the end (I really hope the exploration zones become more varied and more expansive), but this shows a lot of promise.
When Bungie brought Halo to the table, they revolutionized FPS' for consoles...this isn't doing it. Everything is underwhelming. Heck, even the visuals, while nice, aren't as amazing as I thought they'd be.

They (Activision) hyped this up as the second coming of shooters...this was the game to beat

And this is a mash-up of Halo and Borderlands (loot/numbers)

If this was a year later into this consoles lifespan, this effort put forth wouldn't be enough. This wouldn't be getting anywhere close to the same attention if there wasn't a serious drought going on.

I'm a HUGE Halo fan and I didn't experience any of the joy while playing this Beta that I experienced all those years in Halo 1 through Reach. Yes the Beta was just a small sampling of the final product, but with an opening that lifeless, why should I spend my money on the final product?

I also hope they didn't spend too much on having Dinklage as a voice in the game...they could have paid someone much less to actually sound like they wanted to be apart of the project. They need to take a hint from Borderlands or Portal on how to create a "robot" character with heart...Dinklage just phoned this one in and it really kills the "story" listening to his monotonous drivel