Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-18-2014, 04:42 PM   #371
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
Sons of anarchy s1-s5

The use of saying Jesus Christ after almost every shocking moment by just about everybody got very repetitive and kinda annoying, jax's tough guy act was getting a bit silly too those two reasons is why I knocked it down a point
This is one reason why when I binge watch, I don't watch more than one episode per day. Characters' mannerisms can become way too repetitive and almost comical.

I watched seasons one and two of Sons of Anarchy a few years ago and then caught up over the last six months with the next three seasons and never noticed at the time how often that was said, but when I watch season six on disc next month, it will surely stand out every single time. Bleh.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:30 AM   #372
Spazzy
Hercules

that was one of the first shows that I noticed something like that, to the point of predicting when they were going to say jc.
I usually binge watch seasons all the time, and usually not really bugged, just did shield 1-7 within a couple weeks, and that was pretty fluid all the way through...still very impressed.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:35 AM   #373
risingstar
Jedi Order

Game of Thrones Season 4 - 8/10

I'm enjoying this series. The production values of this show are generally top notch. The actors typically give it their best. And, I have to hand it to the writers for managing to present such a vast landscape of storylines and keeping it together.

While I realize the quest for the throne seems never ending by design, it's starting to feel like Mulder's never ending search for the truth. At what point do you stop caring? Also, I must admit, the utter sense of dread and hopelessness is sometimes too much. The writers keep adding characters who seem more sadistic than the next for no apparent reason other than to shock and disgust. The startling low value for human life on this show is the hardest part to take, at least for me.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:02 AM   #374
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

24 season 3. 6.5 / 10. Good plane watching. 24 episodes however is a huge time commitment. they threw everything and the kitchen sink to make it that long. I hear season 3 is the weakest of the bunch.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:12 AM   #375
Babytoxie
Ghost

Battlestar Galactica (2003 - 2004), miniseries + S1 - 8/10

This is my second time to try this show, and I'm really enjoying it. The first time around, I quit right before "Kobol's Last Gleaming", as a lot of plot details were really nagging at me. They still bug me, but I guess I can overlook them in favor of the bigger picture and the excellent characterizations.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:19 AM   #376
ParisDean

The Venture Bros. - Season 1

Hilarious! It's amazing to me that I never watched this show before considering one of the creators, Doc Hammer was in one of my favorite bands ever, Mors Syphilitica. I'm looking forward to watching all the other seasons soon. 8/10
Old 07-25-2014, 02:35 AM   #377
MrYac
Hercules

keep watching, Venture Brothers is one of my favorite shows pretty much ever... I just wish they weren't so damn slow on new seasons
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:28 AM   #378
Babytoxie
Ghost

Agreed, it's hilarious! My wife and I were hooked after the first episode, and it only got better.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:11 PM   #379
ParisDean

The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - Season 1

I really like how it respected the source material--the original five members were the same as in the comic from 1963. And then the Hulk leaves immediately just like in the book. Hah! 9/10
Old 08-05-2014, 06:33 PM   #380
ParisDean

Masters of Sex - Season 1

It's no Mad Men, but it's still very good. 9/10