Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 07-18-2014, 04:49 PM   #151
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I'm cool with the break as well, so is my wallet. That being said knowing what the future holds sooner rather than later will help me better plan my expenditures and adjust my collecting habits.
I agree. I hate to be kept in limbo. Mostly now, when there are a lot of new companies and collectible lines coming forward.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:11 PM   #152
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsarri View Post
I agree. I hate to be kept in limbo. Mostly now, when there are a lot of new companies and collectible lines coming forward.
Yup. BD will also be hurting their future business by leaving fans in limbo as the uncertainty will cause many to move on given the increased array of options available to consumers in today's market.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:07 PM   #153
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
I immediately thought of XM Studios when I read this. Although their high price (higher than SS even!) acts as a repellent to me. I really admire the quality of their sculpts and paints though.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:06 PM   #154
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
I immediately thought of XM Studios when I read this. Although their high price (higher than SS even!) acts as a repellent to me. I really admire the quality of their sculpts and paints though.
I am with you, bro. Although XM Studios prices could be a deterrent for me, I am fascinated by their promissory work. Not all the shown prototypes and artistic renderings are winners to me though. But some capture the essence of the characters spot on. They are doing what Sideshow is afraid to do nowadays; and that is taking artistic risk.

Also, I am very expectant for what Prototypez/Sosa are bringing to the table with the upcoming DC and the announced Thundercats lines. TweeterHead is a beautiful surprise with its retro 60's Batman line (I want to see more!). Even Sideshow is bringing the heavy hitters with the DC PF line. So far, they have been phenomenal with the franchise, although I cannot say the same for their Marvel pieces.

All in all, I feel that in this waiting period I am wasting precious time that could be invested into planning ahead for other collectible lines. I cannot lie of course; my pocket feels the momentary monetary relief. But I have also in the past few months, invested myself into tracking down long time Bowen grails of mine (not necessarily a saving if you ask me). Although there are still many Bowen pieces in the market for me, the idea of holding on to the franchise when it is ready to call it quits is unappealing. I will always treasure Bowen designs and its magnificent Marvel collection, but even great things tend to loose its fascination and luster after awhile. Many collectible companies have been down this road.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:23 PM   #155
bat22
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
If [Disney] is indeed the source of the dispute, then it would be helpful to let the fanbase know. The classic Marvel characters sell well because there is a market for it. And the market can certainly unite and let its voice be heard to Disney if need be.
Silence might be for the best if this is truly it for Bowen/Marvel. An open declaration by Bowen might halt sales outright w/ some "cease and desist" by Disney. I'm probably wrong on how it works but it didn't take long before LucasArts was axed nor Dark Horse's Star Wars license.

I can always hope for that Scarlet Spider museum statue but, w/ so much time since any official website update and liquidation-worthy sales, I'm readying myself for that whimper. And it will be a sad day when it comes. As if Sideshow or Koto would ever give 90's War Machine or Beta Ray Bill the time of day...
bat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 04:45 PM   #156
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
I've tried to stay positive during these negotiations, but even I'm reaching my limits. I figured the Vault sales were meant to keep the company afloat while final details were hashed out. Now I worry it's meant to clean house entirely for whatever new license Randy pursues. If Randy has already decided to part ways with Marvel, then he owes it to his fans to let them know and not string them/us along. Maybe I'm off base entirely - and I hope I am - but this is where communication would be helpful.
Will the value of Bowen pieces drop dramatically if they don't renew?
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 04:47 PM   #157
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Rockys Vault does appear to be having a liquidation sale with some items being "last one!" or "Only two left!"
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:36 PM   #158
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkster702 View Post
Will the value of Bowen pieces drop dramatically if they don't renew?
I doubt it. For some pieces maybe; but for the most sought out, prices will continue to rise or remain steady.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:44 PM   #159
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
I doubt it. For some pieces maybe; but for the most sought out, prices will continue to rise or remain steady.

This is hard to say (and I include every statue company here, not just BD). Once another company produces a superior product or alternative, fans will take their cash elsewhere. That's just the nature of the beast. While some fans may try to plug in some holes in their collections, the harsh reality is that there likely won't be as many new fans coming in as there will be leaving. Now is the time to sell the higher priced secondary market product. Get the cash while you can, folks, because the good-gettin' will be gone soon. We're now seeing the chrome Surfer bust sell for $150. It used to get $900, easily.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:59 PM   #160
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Yup. BD will also be hurting their future business by leaving fans in limbo as the uncertainty will cause many to move on given the increased array of options available to consumers in today's market.
Agreed.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote