Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-27-2014, 11:21 AM   #121
SNIKT
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Sure, there are "secret missions" now and again. For the most part however, it isn't something he generally concerns himself with.
Just out of curiosity. Why do you think they would even shoot that scene at the end with his mask in the movie? I'd like to also note that his costume resembled his brown and orange (from the comics) which as you say serves no functional or symbolic purpose for his character in the movie.
SNIKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:42 AM   #122
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Exactly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
There are times Wolverine hid his identitiy in the comics, admittedly not often though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Sure, there are "secret missions" now and again. For the most part however, it isn't something he generally concerns himself with.

Wel there. See his costume serves a purpose. And thats what im talking about.
and that is why he wore the costume when he first joined the x-men to hide his identity so they did not bring attention to the school. Correct me if I'm wrong. But that's how I remember it.
Its been many decades since then. And I know things change and he has been without it in the comics. But it still would have been nice to have seen it in the films. Specially in the first xmen film. For it did sever a purpouse.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:46 AM   #123
SNIKT
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
and that is why he wore the costume when he first joined the x-men to hide his identity so they did not bring attention to the school. Correct me if I'm wrong. But that's how I remember it.
Its been many decades since then. And I know things change and he has been without it in the comics. But it still would have been nice to have seen it in the films. Specially in the first xmen film. For it did sever a purpouse.
I'm in agreement with you. Like I said maybe it would look ridiculous in the movie but I feel like with proper modifications, like they do with a lot of superhero costumes now, it could look cool.
SNIKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:56 AM   #124
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIKT View Post
I'm in agreement with you. Like I said maybe it would look ridiculous in the movie but I feel like with proper modifications, like they do with a lot of superhero costumes now, it could look cool.
well you have already stated that they had it in the deleted scene in the wolverine. So they have already proven they can do it. But from what luminous is saying there is no need for it which I disagree with. I think they should be times with missions he should be wearing it and yes there are times where he does not.
And you're right just look at the spider man costume that looks like it jump right of the comic book
Old 08-27-2014, 12:38 PM   #125
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIKT View Post
Just out of curiosity. Why do you think they would even shoot that scene at the end with his mask in the movie? I'd like to also note that his costume resembled his brown and orange (from the comics) which as you say serves no functional or symbolic purpose for his character in the movie.
Honestly, I think it was simply an attempt at fan service. Nothing else. Why do you think they removed it? It was simply out of place.

Quote:

It really doesn't. Everyone on the planet knows who Wolverine is. Who is he going to fool by wearing his costume? No one. If he wants to go black ops in the comics he will either NOT wear his costume and something else or he will wear the X-Force outfit (which still does a lousy job of hiding who he is on account of the pointy ears the METAL claws).
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:03 PM   #126
DynamicMenace

Well regardless of what you or I think. Its clear some would have liked to have seen it where others such as yourself are ok with not seeing it.
But no matter how much you want to justify why the costume isnt needed in the live action films and has no purpouse. But mearly to connect him with the comics. That is the main reason why i and others do want to see it.

I dont see your view as being wrong. And can uderstand what your saying. But all we are saying it would have been cool if they did have the costume in the films. Its what the majority of fans want to see.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:36 PM   #127
Luminous
Cyclops

It's completely understandable to want to see things like this make it to the big screen. All I am saying is that an absence of certain comic references shouldn't automatically equate to faults in a film. Some things need to be accounted for. The omission of the costume shouldn't reflect on the quality of the film in this instance.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:53 PM   #128
DynamicMenace

Right on. I can understand that. And a costume shouldnt make or break a film. If its good its good.
take mos. I cant stand the costume and have issues with supermans height. But I can agree it was a good film for the most part.
I believe its the things we want or acpect to see in a film that can sometimes sour the film as a whole if we dont see it. Especially comic films.

But when it comes to the xmen there are a lot of things I didnt like about that fil other than the costumes.

But like anything it all boils down to personal preference.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:56 PM   #129
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
well you have already stated that they had it in the deleted scene in the wolverine. So they have already proven they can do it. But from what luminous is saying there is no need for it which I disagree with. I think they should be times with missions he should be wearing it and yes there are times where he does not.
And you're right just look at the spider man costume that looks like it jump right of the comic book
AND! The really cool thing about Amazing Spider Man 2 was that when Pete was in his costume, he didn't go around ripping his mask off for a close up, aside from the sad scene when Gwen died, and that actually made total sense for Pete to take the mask off at that point....
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote