Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-27-2013, 06:25 AM   #11
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Saw it Yesterday, I give it a 7/10. Liked it more than the first one. This one takes place after X-men The Last Stand.

So what do you guys and gals think?

Some of the issues I had with the movie.

Spoiler Spoiler!!!!!!!!!

1. The CGI Bear looked to much CGI in the start of the movie
2. There should have not been a Pool under the Terass it would have been a lot cooler.
3. Didnt the Silver Samurai hold the sword with one hand when he chopped of the claws?. And later on Logan activates it with two hands..
4. When the Silver Samurai kills the Ninja dude he drives the Huge Adamantium sword into the dude and it is also on fire... I think that the wound should have been a little bigger..

I liked the Extra Scene after the End Credits ( Somes after 45 seconds) is Magneto talking about the Sentinels since it is a build up for the Days of Future Past movie?..
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:52 AM   #12
SuperJ300
Zot

This film sounds better than the last one, no rush of seeing it.

Still hurting from the last film!

Save me from going through dissapointment just to see the end credits, I decided to find it on youtube and its got me excited to see the next X-Men film.

Hope there won't be another wolverine film.
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:13 AM   #13
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

So it seems Wolverine has no adamantium on his claws anymore. I wonder how it will affect the Days of Future Past storyline.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #14
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Saw this yesterday. I give it a 6/10. I actually liked the first movie better. The best part of this movie was the end credits scene at the airport!
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:03 AM   #15
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote from a review;
"As if you needed any other sign the film is a dud, you could almost hear a collective sigh from the preview audience I watched this with, but most remained for the end credits scene that teases the next X-Men film. The scene runs about two minutes long and immediately after cheers, hoots, hollering and clapping erupted from the audience. They liked the two minute throwaway scene more than the movie itself! An excellent indicator when it comes to audience expectations with regard to today's big budget movies. As long as they are promised more they will forget what they just saw and clap and cheer while doing so."
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #16
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmic View Post
Saw this yesterday. I give it a 6/10. I actually liked the first movie better. The best part of this movie was the end credits scene at the airport!
Agreed.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #17
SONICobra
Batman

I liked the movie, a lot better than the first but the last 15 minutes just killed it. honestly it was a great film up until then, after that everything just went to sh_t. I still give it a 8.5/10 sucks because if they could have just maintained what they had going it could have been incredible

things that I liked:
- wolverine in japan
- a pissed off wolverine
- the train scene
- the jean grey scenes, really reminded me of the civil war: wolverine story
- jackman was awesome

SPOILERS / THINGS I DIDNT LIKE / QUESTIONS???

- why was silver samurai a giant iron monger?
- why did viper shed her skin, what purpose did it serve? why was this not hinted at during any other part of the movie? it seemed like they just did it to do it, to do something that "looked cool"
- why did wolverine have to use two hands to make the glowing sword work but s.s. only one?
- how is it that they new drilling into wolverines bone claws would transfer his healing ability? (no matter what this still makes no sense)
- how did mariko bump into s.s. and cause him to destroy the chair wolverine was being held in?

I could go on but honestly it was awesome until he gets captured then its just wolverine origins all over again. I just hope that since they showed magneto having his powers back he will find a way to put adamantium back on the claws
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #18
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

1. The Silver Samurai armor is actually the Mark 44 Iron Man remote-drone that got lost going to the battle at the end of Iron Man 3.

2. The Viper was mortally wounded by the arrow and subsequent fall and used her own mutant healing factor to regenerate. Many reptiles moult or shed their skin upon growth, life cycle or following injury.

3. The thermal generation of the adamantium sword is activated by depressing contact sensors in the tuska (handle). Logan needed to use both hands to activate them, where as the much larger armor needed only one.

4. They needed to access his stem cells contained within his bone marrow. As the rest of his skeleton was still covered by admanatium, they needed to go through the weaken area of the damaged claws.

5. She didn't bump the Silver Samurai. Her grandfather pulled his sword swing at the last moment when she threw herself in front of Logan.

So.... what do I win?
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #19
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
So.... what do I win?
impressive, you have won my admiration

I will be seeing it a second time in theatres, I still liked the movie. not a huge fan of what they did with silver samurai at the end regardless though. it would have been cool if marikos father actually ended up being s.s. and the fight they had would have been a great final battle if it ended up he actually was a mutant and could charge the sword like s.s. does in the comics. that would have made it a near perfect movie imo
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #20
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

For me the movie was as good as the look of that ugly bear, a solid 5.5/10

The former Origins set the bar so so low that it was pretty easy to surpass so I will not make the mistake to compare both movies.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote