Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 01-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #41
lordrycon
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Indiegogo campaign is officially 10 days down, 50 to go with only $50 dollars pledged of $30,000 goal LOL
lordrycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:57 AM   #42
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrycon View Post
Indiegogo campaign is officially 10 days down, 50 to go with only $50 dollars pledged of $30,000 goal LOL
So you're saying there's a chance Ryan?
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:14 AM   #43
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
So you're saying there's a chance Ryan?
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:37 PM   #44
lordrycon

wow, maybe I was wrong to be so skeptical... with 39 days to go in their Indiegogo Campaign, Universe Vs Universe has raised an incredible.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................
....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
.......................................................................................................... $50.00

LOL
Old 01-31-2014, 04:23 AM   #45
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
wow, maybe I was wrong to be so skeptical... with 39 days to go in their Indiegogo Campaign, Universe Vs Universe has raised an incredible.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................
.......................................................................................................... $50.00

LOL
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:37 AM   #46
Woody
A day without sunshine is like... night.

The biggest shame of all this is if people like Chris Burnham, who would be a fantastic guest at any convention, get stiffed by an Aussie con, it might have flow-on effects for the other con organisers too.

I can easily imagine guests getting a bad experience from one Aussie convention black listing all Aussie conventions.
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #47
Royd
Producer
Producer

As a result of the way he was (very poorly) treated by Armageddon Expo, Frank Cho said he doesn't want to come back to Australia at all! After his Armageddon experience, he posted to his message board and website about his opinion of the show.

I'm trying to persuade him to come back and show him how Supanova treats their guests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
The biggest shame of all this is if people like Chris Burnham, who would be a fantastic guest at any convention, get stiffed by an Aussie con, it might have flow-on effects for the other con organisers too.

I can easily imagine guests getting a bad experience from one Aussie convention black listing all Aussie conventions.
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:21 PM   #48
lordrycon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
As a result of the way he was (very poorly) treated by Armageddon Expo, Frank Cho said he doesn't want to come back to Australia at all! After his Armageddon experience, he posted to his message board and website about his opinion of the show.

I'm trying to persuade him to come back and show him how Supanova treats their guests
I remember that Frank was so pissed off, he left half way through Sunday and didnt come back.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:33 AM   #49
dfens91
Frackin!

Quote:
I remember that Frank was so pissed off, he left half way through Sunday and didnt come back.
I'll see him in London for the Super Comic Con in March. I'll try to talk to him directly and try to convince him to come to Sydney for Supanova one day. Might need to bring some pics of babes in bondi beach to convince him, I think. Tell him he will be treated like a King after last fiasco.
dfens91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:43 AM   #50
Royd
Producer
Producer

By all means, let Frank know your positive perspective of Supanova

That said, Frank is a good mate and we've gone out (with mutual friends) for dinner the past 4 years at San Diego Comic Con and I arranged a private tour of Weta Studios for him when he came down here last time - it was the only thing about the trip he enjoyed

Every SDCC I hang out at Frank's art dealer's (Steve Morger) booth at the show and usually sit with Frank and the other artists at the booth. Steve and I believe we'll be able to persuade Frank to return to Oz with Supanova but additional recommendations are always welcome!

I was looking at possibly attending the London show in March at the suggestion of Howard Chaykin who will be a guest but my employment situation is a little fluid at present after I retired from F-T work last year so I decided not to attend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens91 View Post
I'll see him in London for the Super Comic Con in March. I'll try to talk to him directly and try to convince him to come to Sydney for Supanova one day. Might need to bring some pics of babes in bondi beach to convince him, I think. Tell him he will be treated like a King after last fiasco.
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote