Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Rofl yeah preety much!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 11:13 AM   #132
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hope Batman has a completly different looking Batmobile in The Batman, instead of a similar looking one like in BVS and Justice League...
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:23 PM   #133
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
You sent me to a logic pdf when we're talking about fantasy filmmaking on a 'realworld" apporach to a man who dresses as a bat to fight crime...the psychology alone says you toss most of your logic out a window. Secondly as fsr as approaches go TDK probably fits your logic based criteria far better than any live action Batman film has a right to.

But if you just don't like it, you don't like it.
As I wrote, even fantasy stories establish rules and abide by them. This is how stories have any "stakes" -- otherwise, nothing's at risk since anything can happen. The problem with TDK is that it violates its own rules.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:46 PM   #134
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm really not worried about this project at all. Seems everyone involved is committed to creating the best Batman film possible and it's in capable hands. From everything I've read their heads are in the right place, they're taking their time and aren't afraid alter course if the end product benefits. I'm excited about the antagonist choice as well as a greater focus on fleshing out the detective aspects of the character. Affleck has delivered my favorite on screen interpretation of Batman to date and I'm beyond excited to see this rendition developed further.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:50 PM   #135
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I'm really not worried about this project at all. Seems everyone involved is committed to creating the best Batman film possible and it's in capable hands. From everything I've read their heads are in the right place, they're taking their time and aren't afraid alter course if the end product benefits. I'm excited about the antagonist choice as well as a greater focus on fleshing out the detective aspects of the character. Affleck has delivered my favorite on screen interpretation of Batman to date and I'm beyond excited to see this rendition developed further.
Well I believe, and I could be wrong, but Deathstroke is now out as the antagonist.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:55 PM   #136
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Well I believe, and I could be wrong, but Deathstroke is now out as the antagonist.
That would really surprise me this far into production given they'd already signed Manganiello for the part. Maybe he won't be the central antagonist but to eliminate him altogether would be pretty huge. I really want to see Batman square off against someone who isn't super powered and more or less on the same level as him physically.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:25 PM   #137
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
That would really surprise me this far into production given they'd already signed Manganiello for the part. Maybe he won't be the central antagonist but to eliminate him altogether would be pretty huge. I really want to see Batman square off against someone who isn't super powered and more or less on the same level as him physically.
I am hoping for no joker, but what I really am hoping for is NO LETO JOKER! Even if Leto makes a comeback I expect Reeves to tell him to turn it down a notch which might result in a better joker.

Unless he gets in Andy Serkis and gives us a kickass CGI villian like Croc or Man-Bat.

Either way seems like we are on the right track.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:30 PM   #138
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

If Joker makes an appearance I'd wager it'll be a cameo or through reference only. Batman has arguably the best rogues in comic history and I think the players involved in this production realize they should tap into them and give us something different. The Joker is my favorite villain and even I want to see them move beyond him. At last for the time being.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:42 PM   #139
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
If Joker makes an appearance I'd wager it'll be a cameo or through reference only. Batman has arguably the best rogues in comic history and I think the players involved in this production realize they should tap into them and give us something different. The Joker is my favorite villain and even I want to see them move beyond him. At last for the time being.
Amen ! I am genuinely excited to see something new, I like Batffleck and I beleive we have a good director. Now all we need is a good script and some kick ass dialogue.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:16 PM   #140
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Oh looks like Ben maybe out after JL.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...future-1023296
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote