Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 07-03-2019, 03:07 AM   #51
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Joe, cant find an O’Neil TPB - the one I really want costs a fortune

Any recommendations?
Get the Batman by Neal Adams TPBs or HCs or Omnibus, i'm not sure which ones are awailable right now. I have the HCs.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:13 AM   #52
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
There will be a Tom King Omnibus (but i'm not sure if it will have Batman&Catwoman run)
I'm sure it will.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 06:30 PM   #53
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Joe, cant find an O’Neil TPB - the one I really want costs a fortune

Any recommendations?
Eric, sorry, didn’t see this before. I just did a quick amazon scan and they do have affordable tpbs of O’Neil and Adams’ Batman work? Which was the one you said cost a fortune?

TDK is right about the Neal Adams HCs and tpbs, though not all of those were written by O’Neil. I’d not get the omnibus though as it contains the Odyssey series, which is awful.

Last edited by wktf; 07-06-2019 at 06:33 PM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 08:20 PM   #54
Gothamite
Phoenix

Just read Issue 79.

So...Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle have been training in Hawaii as Bruce recuperates. They are getting ready to go back to Gotham in order to end Bane's reign of terror.

This is great stuff, and I'm glad DC isn't blocking Tom King from keeping Bruce & Selina as a couple (even if they aren't married).
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:11 PM   #55
Gothamite
Phoenix

I love Batfamily splash pages!

From Batman Issue 81

Old 11-28-2019, 03:21 PM   #56
Gothamite
Phoenix

Batman 83 is a great example of why people love the King/Janin Rebirth run. This is great storytelling, both in terms of prose and visuals.

Old 11-28-2019, 06:34 PM   #57
Peedi
The Secret Six

This run has its ups and downs. Some issues have been good, some not so good. Overall it’s been a good run but I’m still not sure Alfred had to die for this.

I like the inclusion of the Batfam. I remember Batwing was in Detective comics a while ago and went through the whole splitting of the family where he sided with Batwoman and Azrael but I can’t remember what happened with him or Azrael from there. Saying that as far as why Batwoman is here with the family but not Batwing...I haven’t read anything else Batwoman is in and I really wouldn’t expect Azrael to be here anyway.

Also I know Huntress popped up in Nightwing a ways back but I haven’t followed her during New 52 or Rebirth so I didn’t realize she’d be close enough to the Batfamily at this point in continuity to be a part of this story. I thought she was a bit more separated from them all in current continuity.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 06:47 PM   #58
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
This run has its ups and downs. Some issues have been good, some not so good. Overall it’s been a good run but I’m still not sure Alfred had to die for this.

I like the inclusion of the Batfam. I remember Batwing was in Detective comics a while ago and went through the whole splitting of the family where he sided with Batwoman and Azrael but I can’t remember what happened with him or Azrael from there. Saying that as far as why Batwoman is here with the family but not Batwing...I haven’t read anything else Batwoman is in and I really wouldn’t expect Azrael to be here anyway.

Also I know Huntress popped up in Nightwing a ways back but I haven’t followed her during New 52 or Rebirth so I didn’t realize she’d be close enough to the Batfamily at this point in continuity to be a part of this story. I thought she was a bit more separated from them all in current continuity.
With regards to Huntress, things are always complicated, lol. But basically, she's left Spyral, and since Black Canary is in Star City/Seattle with Green Arrow, she's spending more time with other Gotham heroes. Plus, all legacy characters are starting to remember more and more of their pasts as the Rebirth era continues.

Azrael is off in space with the Justice League Odyssey team.
Old 11-29-2019, 07:02 AM   #59
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
With regards to Huntress, things are always complicated, lol. But basically, she's left Spyral, and since Black Canary is in Star City/Seattle with Green Arrow, she's spending more time with other Gotham heroes. Plus, all legacy characters are starting to remember more and more of their pasts as the Rebirth era continues.

Azrael is off in space with the Justice League Odyssey team.
Gotcha. I just feel that at this point she isn’t as close to the Batfamily as Luke is. Does she know their secret IDs? Everyone else knows each other’s secret IDs. Even Duke/Signal at this point (although DC heroes tend to not hide secret IDs from each other unlike Marvel heroes...I always liked that about DC). That’s why I figured Batwing fit in better here as he’s been closer to the Batfamily for several years now. I think of extended members like Katana, Black Lightning and Spoiler before I think about Huntress.

Azrael comes and goes so I wouldn’t expect him anyway.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 08:56 PM   #60
Gothamite
Phoenix