Old 11-05-2007, 09:52 PM   #11
ANGRYCOMICMAN
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
This is not a true church.
There is no true church.

These people are sheep, worse lemmings.
They will drink the Kool-aide that is given to them without question.

The mother-ship is waiting.
ANGRYCOMICMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:54 PM   #12
twinzs
anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home

They deserve it. I was part of a counter protest against these people a few years back. An art school a few of my friends went to were showing off some pictures that had to do with alternative families. I'm glad to see these people got what they deserve
twinzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:59 PM   #13
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGRYCOMICMAN View Post
There is no true church.

These people are sheep, worse lemmings.
They will drink the Kool-aide that is given to them without question.

The mother-ship is waiting.
ACM, of course there are real churches. The one mentioned in this story, however, is not. Belonging to a church doesn't automatically make anyone a lemming.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:02 PM   #14
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

They will git it overturned...Separation of Church and State type of crap...But...On the other hand..."Incite to Riot"...The yelling "Fire" in a theatre thing...Iffin we just go up there and beat the sh!t out of them the next time they do it...That could be our defense...I hope this doesn't get overturned...What they are doing is not right...and is not the way Baptists conduct themselves in Texas...
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:16 PM   #15
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post

While services were being held, three adults and four children from the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan., picketed on a sidewalk within view of the church, holding signs, including ones that read “Thank God For Dead Soldiers” and “God Hates Fags.”

The church has gained considerable publicity and generated controversy by picketing soldiers’ funerals.

The church’s members believe that God is punishing America for being tolerant of homosexuals and views the death of soldiers as a welcome sign of God’s wrath.

That is just so retarded, I don't even know where to begin...

It's amazing how some people just love preaching their hatred and intolerance. When it comes to religious righteousness and using God's will to justify suffering, misfortune, prejudice and extreme left wing or right wing propaganda, some parts of the US and some parts of the Middle East are so strikingly similar, it's scary.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:01 PM   #16
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I can't stand these people. Fred Phelps' church of haters. They stood outside our synagogue one year chanting Jews=Fags and waving Nazi flags because our rabbi had published an editorial in our local paper preaching tolerance toward homosexuals after the Boy Scouts had come out so strongly against homosexuals.

They should all just go back under the rock from which they sprung.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:08 AM   #17
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Ive seen a couple of documentaries on this group. The one programme hinted that Fred Phelps was an extremely repressed homosexual, that his hatred of gays in particular was a kind of self hatred.
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:35 AM   #18
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM28Cardiff View Post
Ive seen a couple of documentaries on this group. The one programme hinted that Fred Phelps was an extremely repressed homosexual, that his hatred of gays in particular was a kind of self hatred.
Not a bad argument, and it makes sense. I wouldn't deny that some people are just basically wrong-headed though, either. I do believe in the basic decency of people in general, but that doesn't mean that there aren't aberrations to that rule.

This guy always makes me think of the Dennis Miller line about the guy who tried to assassinate the Pope years back--something like "Here's a guy that wants to go to Hell, and doesn't want to wait in line."
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:25 AM   #19
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
I had to grow up basically in the same town as these idiots.................they live for media attention. They continue to do this stupid sh!t around here, but the news stations do not cover them, so they have to go elsewhere to get their media coverage. Hey Fred Phelps family, your 15 minutes are LONG over, go away and don't come back.................
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:58 AM   #20
patrickwm68
The Flash

The wife or daughter, whoever she is, has made several appearances on the Howard Stern show with her kids. I thought they were a joke, I mean how can you take anyone seriously that would play Homeless Hollywood Squares.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote