Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-13-2011, 07:58 AM   #1011
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I want to know why she looks so blue compared to the image on the box.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:37 AM   #1012
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I am thinking of cancelling this. Her colors are different than the promo pics. The other main issue I see is, to me, she appears very uneven. Uneven arms, uneven thigh fins, and even uneven wings.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #1013
ComputerFly
The Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
I want to know why she looks so blue compared to the image on the box.
The blue is brighter due to the flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I am thinking of cancelling this. Her colors are different than the promo pics. The other main issue I see is, to me, she appears very uneven. Uneven arms, uneven thigh fins, and even uneven wings.

The colors are exacly the same as what Frank showed us back in May. (See post 320 I believe). I also believe she is symmetrical, but the odd angles in these photos make her look like she's not. Notice there are no really 'straight on' photos of the entire piece?
ComputerFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #1014
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerFly View Post

The colors are exacly the same as what Frank showed us back in May. (See post 320 I believe). I also believe she is symmetrical, but the odd angles in these photos make her look like she's not. Notice there are no really 'straight on' photos of the entire piece?
That's very possible! But, I'm also very interested in another piece right now and cannot afford both, so I'm going with the one that I've wanted longer
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #1015
ComputerFly
The Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
That's very possible! But, I'm also very interested in another piece right now and cannot afford both, so I'm going with the one that I've wanted longer
LOL! Good call.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:42 AM   #1016
Mal Strife
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Thanks to everyone who took a look at mine... but can someone else post some better pictures yet? I'm a terrible photographer and I want everyone to see how great this statue looks. I've seen a few of you say you've got yours or at least it's on the way, so I look forward to some pictures that do her justice.
Mal Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:47 AM   #1017
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerFly View Post

In my opinion, I think flash gets the blame too often. The blue looks quite vibrant and I think it would look that way even there was no flash. The box image doesn't look anywhere near blue. It looks like a bone-like white or faded white. That's just what I see.....I guess others don't have a problem with it!
Old 01-13-2011, 12:02 PM   #1018
benhernandez
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
In my opinion, I think flash gets the blame too often. The blue looks quite vibrant and I think it would look that way even there was no flash. The box image doesn't look anywhere near blue. It looks like a bone-like white or faded white. That's just what I see.....I guess others don't have a problem with it!

It really is the flash that makes it look more blue. Take a look at the pictures on page 64-65. You'll see that they look the same as this one. Also I've seen both prototypes that they have at the Aspen studio and they look exactly as the one that has been posted her by Mal.

Aspen store is shipping mine today. Should have it by no later than Monday, I got matching number to my Lava Kiani #153.

To those who ordered and are not canceling good job, to those who are thinking about canceling you might want to rethink it. To those who didn't order or canceled their order, hope you you guys get a good deal when you decide to get it.

Great Job to Aspen!!!!
benhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:05 PM   #1019
ComputerFly
The Phantom

The box picture isn't even the same paint job bro. Look at the pink wings. See those little swoopy 'scallops' on the box pic? Those are no longer there. That picture is of a prototype, and the paintjob was changed and we were all shown the new paint job on this forum . Not sure why you're so hard up to point out the difference of color on a paintjob that never made it past the prototype phase. This paint on this piece matches the piece we were shown we would get.

If anything, you should be saying "Why did they use the prototype pic for the box when it doesn't match?" Now that's an argument I can get behind.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:11 PM   #1020
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Perhaps I never saw that new paint job. And if I did, I might have forgotten about it. Either way, I didn't know the paint scheme was changed. I apologize if my comments came off the wrong way, but I honestly didn't know about the change.