Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Digital Photography

Old 04-24-2009, 10:24 AM   #11
dr_teng

Thanks guys! I figure today I'll catch up on photography and take photos of the rest of my statues (for future reviews), then I'll hopefully have some time this weekend to take some more ~artistic~ shots. Here's a few from some upcoming reviews.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:33 AM   #12
Gannon
Sailor Moon

these are great images!
Gannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:28 AM   #13
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Very nice photos.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:32 PM   #14
dr_teng

Whew, it's been a busy month so I'm way behind on my photography. I spent a few hours catching up yesterday, and once I get done some photo editing, I'll be able to post in my own photography thread on a regular basis. Just some photos for recent reviews today, but some fun stuff coming up soon!

Much much higher-res versions over at http://www.whatsyourobsession.com.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:33 PM   #15
dr_teng

Old 07-09-2009, 09:07 AM   #16
dr_teng

Old 07-09-2009, 09:08 AM   #17
dr_teng

Anddd post #2 since I hit the picture limit.

Finally, the kind of thing that's been taking up a lot of my time lately and distracting me from reviews/normal photos. I've been taking some in-depth Photoshop lessons, because while I've done a lot of photo editing, it's been mostly related to portraiture. I wanted to improve my portraiture skills and what the hell, might as well learn proper photo-manipulation stuff while I'm at it!

This is my first full attempt at such an effect :

There's a few flaws, but considering it was a whole new experience for me, I'm quite happy with it! Matching perspective/lighting/etc... is tricky.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:42 PM   #18
dr_teng

Alrighty, had some more time this week. One regular photo, and one more photomanipulation.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #19
vernumortho
Kindly Asked To Leave

hi dr teng, first of all, great shots. 2nd is...i'm kinda liking photography and is planning to take up this hobby. any suggestion for dslr? i am planning to buy one to kick off this hobby. thank you .
vernumortho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:02 PM   #20
dr_teng

Why thank you!

The two most popular systems out there are Nikon/Canon, it really depends on what your budget is. I'm all about Canon, and my wife uses Nikon, so I have experience with both systems, and a variety of cameras on each.

Personally, I use the Canon XSI with the Canon 50mm 1.4 lens. The 50mm 1.8 is a lot more affordable and almost as good, it's considered one of the best starter lenses you can buy. The XSI isn't too expensive either.

If you try out a Nikon and want to go that route, let me know and I can get you some suggestions.