Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-27-2019, 05:10 PM   #351
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:12 PM   #352
twstd
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

This worries me as I have Grom V2 on PO. Maybe Damtoys quality is dropping after Gul'dan and they're just trying to get these guys out the door on time and sacrificing quality and packaging. Only Gul'dan got a sexy production video as well, makes me think they're not putting in the same effort going forward. But who knows maybe this guy just didn't come out to the same quality and it's a one off thing.
twstd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:57 PM   #353
zadmax
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Overall I think he looks pretty great. I can touch up his nails if mine comes that way. That is really the only thing I can see in the pics that bothers me, and it's fairly minor imo. I do agree that he is probably a bit overpriced, but then again I feel that way about most statues these days. I'm still looking forward to the others I have on order. Hoping Bronzebeard is next!
zadmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:33 AM   #354
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Do you have any photos of him next to the orcs?

He's definitely not supposed to be short. He's taller than Durotan. Maybe the same height as Blackhand.

Start at 2:40:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJE3ylWSVKA
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:15 PM   #355
Blacksunn

Here are a few pics next to the other orc's. I didn't want to move Guldan around as he is heavy and his weight is a bit off center. Kilrogg fits in fine while next to the others but a tad small. I guess in thickness for standing straight up. I dunno, maybe it's me... He def isn't as muscular...

Again, DO NOT GET ME WRONG HERE. I think he is AWESOME looking and VERY detailed, only mixed media on him is the fur and hair. Everything else is sculpted. I still think $1,500 was a bit much for him imo especially when some of others were 30% less and look just as good or better imo. VERY glad I have him and edition size on Kilrogg was only 300!

I have all of them on order except the original Durotan and Grom. I bought both V2's of them because I prefer the new action poses. Also looking forward to Magni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do think these Damtoy pieces are the ONLY pieces that come close to P1's pieces... Which is say ALOT!!! I TRULY hope they continue the line!!!!

Old 03-01-2019, 03:22 PM   #356
zadmax
A day without sunshine is like... night.

To me Kilrogg looks pretty much in scale with Orgrim there. Since Durotan was made by Phicen instead of Damtoys, I can sort of (sort of) understand that he is a bit out of scale compared to the Damtoys statues. Durotan looks a bit oversized (mostly in bulk) compared to the other two perhaps, but I still think they look good together.

Unfortunately, I doubt we will see any of the other ones that Phicen showed a long while back (Garona, Draka, etc) get made. The likely would have put them up for order by now. Maybe Damtoys would somehow pick up the rights to them, but I just don't see that happening anymore. I wouldn't mind being wrong though!
zadmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 03:43 PM   #357
Blacksunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadmax View Post
To me Kilrogg looks pretty much in scale with Orgrim there. Since Durotan was made by Phicen instead of Damtoys, I can sort of (sort of) understand that he is a bit out of scale compared to the Damtoys statues. Durotan looks a bit oversized (mostly in bulk) compared to the other two perhaps, but I still think they look good together.

Unfortunately, I doubt we will see any of the other ones that Phicen showed a long while back (Garona, Draka, etc) get made. The likely would have put them up for order by now. Maybe Damtoys would somehow pick up the rights to them, but I just don't see that happening anymore. I wouldn't mind being wrong though!
Agree and would LOVE to see this Garona made...

Old 03-01-2019, 04:18 PM   #358
Thor57
Teen Titans

I fear we won’t get another movie so what I’d love to see is for Damtoys to get the World of Warcraft license on top of the Warcraft one. Then make some major lore characters in tune (meaning slight artistic liberty) and push those out. Varian, Arthas, Uther, Thrall, Malfurion, Illidan, etc etc.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 04:45 PM   #359
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
Agree and would LOVE to see this Garona made...

Oh wow, so would I
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 09:14 PM   #360
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadmax View Post
To me Kilrogg looks pretty much in scale with Orgrim there.
Isn't Orgrim the same height as Durotan in the film? If so, Kilrogg should be a good inch or so taller than both of them. Think I'm gonna have to pass on him. I really hope they don't make Blackhand short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I fear we won’t get another movie so what I’d love to see is for Damtoys to get the World of Warcraft license on top of the Warcraft one. Then make some major lore characters in tune (meaning slight artistic liberty) and push those out. Varian, Arthas, Uther, Thrall, Malfurion, Illidan, etc etc.
Prime 1 has been sitting on the Blizzard license doing jack ---- for 2+ years now.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote