Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 12-27-2015, 08:09 AM   #291
Lorde Trooper
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by foots View Post
I got back from vacation last night and picked up Man At Arms today. I got 98/200. Overall he looks good and arrived with no damage despite one corner of the box being smashed. There are a few minor annoyances though.

The feet on mine fit into the base tight, but the paint on the robot's eyes is sloppy and the black rectangles on his chest appear to have large brush marks or smear marks. It is hard to tell if it is intentional or not. I'm leaning toward not. This is a bummer because the base is so cool.

I also can't get the robot arm into the base. Any advice or hints on this would be appreciated.

Man At Arms himself is looks flawless. The magnet in the hand with the blast effect and the hand with the mace appear to be strong enough. I haven't tried the other weapons but I like how they turned out. I'll try to take pictures in the next few days.
How did you go with the hover bot arm? Mine took a few goes until I noticed the arm had to hook around the bot to fit into the hole.

MAA looks good but I am worried about the lean, I'm going to put something underneath the right foot so the lean isn't so bad.
Lorde Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 12:16 PM   #292
qz33
Doctor Doom

Even with the base statue is extremely light.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 05:00 AM   #293
Mqhuynh
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Finally opened my MMA. He's great. The colors are vibrant and the blast arm is really nice in person. The switch out parts are great but a bit loose. The gun is so heavy so I'm afraid they might fall out.
Like others the robot arm is annoying and I couldn't get it to sit in. Flush to the bottom. It hovers and looks like obstructed by the dead robot. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. He's a great piece even with the slight issues.
Yes, mine does lean a bit forward as well.
Mqhuynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:37 AM   #294
Cheshire76
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mqhuynh View Post
Finally opened my MMA. He's great. The colors are vibrant and the blast arm is really nice in person. The switch out parts are great but a bit loose. The gun is so heavy so I'm afraid they might fall out.
Like others the robot arm is annoying and I couldn't get it to sit in. Flush to the bottom. It hovers and looks like obstructed by the dead robot. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. He's a great piece even with the slight issues.
Yes, mine does lean a bit forward as well.
good on you mate, he's pretty good..the trick with the arm is to position it, in front of the bottom part of the robot thats lying down, the cut out piece on that arm will then overlap the bottom of the robot, you will have to angle the arm forward and then inwards, and just gently play around till it clips in, just make sure to keep the arm in front of the bottom of the robot, not at the side, when fitting
Cheshire76 is offline   Reply With Quote