Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-14-2016, 03:13 PM   #101
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

well, all of u guys must be owning the best cars , watches ,, biggest houses lol.. XM is like the ferraris and lambos of the statue world, us common folks have to do with cheaper and well done items
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:33 PM   #102
slynger
Hellboy

It's definitely helped that I'm a character collector. Only have 1 XM piece with 2 more on the way and unless they do something with Superman, that's probably it as far as XM is concerned.

They do make a kic$!@@ statue though, that's for sure!!
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:39 PM   #103
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
well, all of u guys must be owning the best cars , watches ,, biggest houses lol.. XM is like the ferraris and lambos of the statue world, us common folks have to do with cheaper and well done items
Not even close dino. Its just I don't bother with other company products. XM has the best concepts to me (mainly because they are dynamic and not museum), and as such I had to make the decision to go with who I think makes the statues I enjoy most.

Other companies make some great stuff to...I can point out great statues from every company, but from box design to final statue...they just don't do it overall like XM IMO.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:44 PM   #104
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
I want the statue i really love, not the well done and cheaper.
And what if you love the well done cheaper statue more??? The fact is the there are no less than 4 1/4 Spider-Man pieces that have come out i. The last year or so, and IMO, and this is just an opinion, the posses of those Spider-Man's are all more fluid and have a better sense of movement than this one does at the momment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
Definitely, and if you really look at their releases 70% of them are characters no other company would think of doing because the xm guys are big comic fans just like us and do it out of love for the material not the profits
Ah and see I totally agree with you that they are doing an AMAZING job in all those C and D listers characters. Guys like BlackBolk, GhostRider, DareDevil, and not a lower teir character but Magneto all get these amazing definitive treatments that ARE the character incarnate. Then you get the A listers who, and I am going to sound rude here, are nothing overly special at least in their first release. There is no way BetaRayBill should be outshining Thor, but right now I would say he is. Or that almost every Spidey villian so far should have a dominant sculpt that shines, while he is kind of Ho hum in terms of the pose; well GG wasn't stunning. That is what it is, but in the end I think it might be one of the reasons guys aren't losing their crap right now.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:47 PM   #105
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Great concept by XM, but this statue has the same issue that I have with the IS piece; Spidey doesn't seem to be at the forefront of the design. The environmental pieces are a distraction for me.
I feel the same way unfortunately. Hats off to Mufizal for a great dynamic and detailed looking statue, but too busy for my liking. This will definitely please the new era collectors that seem to be in it for dynamics...no problem with that. For me, it just doesn't have that long term interest.
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:57 PM   #106
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
And what if you love the well done cheaper statue more??? The fact is the there are no less than 4 1/4 Spider-Man pieces that have come out i. The last year or so, and IMO, and this is just an opinion, the posses of those Spider-Man's are all more fluid and have a better sense of movement than this one does at the momment.

Ah and see I totally agree with you that they are doing an AMAZING job in all those C and D listers characters. Guys like BlackBolk, GhostRider, DareDevil, and not a lower teir character but Magneto all get these amazing definitive treatments that ARE the character incarnate. Then you get the A listers who, and I am going to sound rude here, are nothing overly special at least in their first release. There is no way BetaRayBill should be outshining Thor, but right now I would say he is. Or that almost every Spidey villian so far should have a dominant sculpt that shines, while he is kind of Ho hum in terms of the pose; well GG wasn't stunning. That is what it is, but in the end I think it might be one of the reasons guys aren't losing their crap right now.
agree about the lesser characters, which my original post wasn't about. It's quite amazing that Magneto is the only XM piece highly sought after. The rest can be found close to the prices it would cost US folks to get them direct from XM in the first place, if not less. This tells me US folks have lost a lot of interest in the Marvel license from XM. There is simply too much competition for peoples money and too many companies have the same licenses.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:57 PM   #107
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I think this is a nice looking piece. The extra options are fabulous. The Spidey looks remarkable as well. However, I do have some concern about the potentially limited display angles. I typically like to display my pieces looking at the viewer. How possible is that here?
This is a major point for me as well... This should be the money shot, but so much of the figure is not visible, and the pole takes up a lot of the field of view.

This shot shows way more of the figure, but less of the face ...

That needs a change IMHO
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:58 PM   #108
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:

Then more power to them.

I would ask why can't Beta Ray Bill outshine Thor? Firstly, Thor is in the first phase of XM statues and as such I would expect a company to get better with some concepts and statues than their first phase. Furthermore, and we may differ here, but I think XM Thor is BY FAR...the best Thor I have seen in 1/4. In fact, I think its in the top 5 of XM statues.

Ironic how some want a more dynamic Thor pose from XM and I really, really like the more stout pose they did. But Beta Ray Bill is every bit an impressive character as Thor and so I don't see why he couldn't be better. And I would say those that do own the Thor statue probably bought it because they feel it best suits what they want from a Thor statue...ergo..they like it best.

Is there a difference in excitement and details from say Darkness? Absolutely....but....that is Darkness and what makes that character so visually alluring. But to say Thor isn't any way as well sculpted (thanks to ES once again) or built like Magneto, Black Bolt, Medusa, Phoenix, DD, Thanos, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Iron Man, Hawkeye, etc. is a disservice to him.

But I ultimately understand that some want a different more action oriented pose (I'm all for that as well don't get me wrong), so for some it was never going to be one they liked. But there is no way anyone can tell me that the Sculpt in and of itself is not primo.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:03 PM   #109
Gollum
The Herculoids

This is an amazing statue and it's not finished yet

It's still not painted and there is going to be tweaks here and there to improve this statue further.

You can't compare XM's version to completed or PO available statues this is only a few photos.

Not a statue that collectors have at home.

Wait for the final version then you'll all go
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:03 PM   #110
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
And what if you love the well done cheaper statue more???
I answered this question in the same post.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote