Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-22-2021, 12:52 PM   #271
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
The last few pre-orders I have not been able to use rewards or a code for making a purchase for a TH exclusive. The codes seem to work on the regular editions, at least after the initial pre-order time. I ordered from TH on this one; no tax, set shipping fee, and no exclusive premium upcharge (plus the $25 discount)
I don't get it. Reward Points were allowed on the EX Deluxe Joker maquette, but not allowed on EX Scarecrow. They better allow RPs to be used on either Wonder Woman or Harley Quinn.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 12:58 PM   #272
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I don't get it. Reward Points were allowed on the EX Deluxe Joker maquette, but not allowed on EX Scarecrow. They better allow RPs to be used on either Wonder Woman or Harley Quinn.
I tried both on John Stewart and couldn't use either. I prefer to order through SS, but all these limits, plus the higher price for an exclusive and shipping, is making that more difficult to do.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 01:01 PM   #273
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
I tried both on John Stewart and couldn't use either. I prefer to order through SS, but all these limits, plus the higher price for an exclusive and shipping, is making that more difficult to do.
Of course, when I contacted Sideshow just a bit ago, I was basically told they weren't provided the reason and blamed it on the manufacturer.

The two responses I got:

"I'm afraid we are not given reasons as to why some pieces are eligible for Sideshow Rewards. Any restrictions on the piece come from the manufacturer."

"Correct. We will at times see promotion/rewards restrictions on exclusive pieces due to their limited stock. This does not apply to all exclusive pieces."
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 01:09 PM   #274
SDguy

I am not usually one to lament with international buyers, because of the ---- I go through when I am one, and no one cries with me But that said, no pay in full discount, price bump for the EX just because, AND can't use "SS rewards points" - note they are SS points, don't try to tell me SS doesn't control what they can be used for/on).

That's a whole lot of BS you have to deal with before even getting to import fees, taxes etc.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 01:34 PM   #275
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
There is no ex portrait it comes with the reg too.
Ahhh, I see. When I saw the solicitation photo in the email I thought the portrait was the EX.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 01:50 PM   #276
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I am not usually one to lament with international buyers, because of the ---- I go through when I am one, and no one cries with me But that said, no pay in full discount, price bump for the EX just because, AND can't use "SS rewards points" - note they are SS points, don't try to tell me SS doesn't control what they can be used for/on).

That's a whole lot of BS you have to deal with before even getting to import fees, taxes etc.
LOL, know that I am crying with you from now on!

This is why I'm being so critical of the rising price issues. I bought Batgirl for $419 CAD total from Sideshow in May, shipping, taxes, and imports included. Based on today's exchange and a shipping cost of a similar sized statue I got last week, Scarecrow will roughly set me back $880 CAD. For something that's 'supposed' to be in the same series (I know, it's SuperPowers vs 2.0, but still, it's all 1/6 Bat-characters from the same company...) that's a ridiculously huge difference -- the price of another SP statue at that.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 02:10 PM   #277
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

Has no one mentioned that the Exclusive ES is only 250?? I was surprised that it was So small. I got my order in directly from TH. I don't think this baby will last long...
DLMEsquire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 03:46 PM   #278
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Wow sold out already for the EX.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 04:03 PM   #279
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
Wow sold out already for the EX.
It's still available at Sideshow.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 04:12 PM   #280
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLMEsquire44 View Post
Has no one mentioned that the Exclusive ES is only 250?? I was surprised that it was So small. I got my order in directly from TH. I don't think this baby will last long...
Yeah, a little surprised at that given JS GL was 450. Price point might have something to do with it.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote