Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-03-2020, 12:36 PM   #121
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
Not in 1/3.
In 1/4 I would have bought it immediately. Katana too
thats just it, i really forgot how massive these things are until i finally got my DKR and hush batman out of storage and on display. i had originally planned on 4 pieces for a 64"w x 30"d shelf but can only fit three. i dont think this is the right scale / pricepoint to test the waters with obscure niche characters
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 12:59 PM   #122
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

They make great stuff but their marketing/financial departments are clearly lacking.

Too many "teases" of statues done FAR too much in advance, too many times where statues that are put up for order get cancelled. I get that it doesn't happen a ton or anything but that should be extremely, extremely rare and really shouldn't even happen due to lack of interest. Think of how much time/money they wasted developing this and now it won't even get made.

The early teases are their own level of frustration because it's like they give you this little taste of a statue so often and maybe you'll see a finished prototype multiple years later, or maybe it will be up for pre-order within a month. They need some structure. I mean Jesus it's been how many years since the DKR Armored Batman was teased? Kingdom Come Superman? And it goes on. Teases like that aren't helping anyone because at some point that's all it is.....a tease. Just freaking announce things when you're getting close to putting it up for order.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 02:01 PM   #123
Darkest Knight
Blue Falcon

They need to be smarter with their choices. At 1/3 scale a lot of people aren't going to have room for more minor or obscure characters. I wonder what their holdup is on the Kingdom Come license they announced years ago.
Darkest Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 03:02 PM   #124
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The World View Post
Because people yell for something besides the usual Batman or Superman, but when they produce something unique then nobody wants it.

QFT!!! Also sooner rather than later people are realizing if you're gonna drop 1K plus before the shipping and tax you better be in love with the character in a big way.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 03:06 PM   #125
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
I would actually buy Power Girl. I honestly didn't even know who Grail was when they announced her.
Yeah, I get it, but I worry once bitten twice shy. Making them go back to core few DC characters. I got Supergirl, and Mera should be on the horizon. That line hasn't had a third piece and worried may be done as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
Not in 1/3.
In 1/4 I would have bought it immediately. Katana too
Depends. If Prime 1's 1:4 go the Aloy route of pricing I may be done entirely with the company sadly.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 03:15 PM   #126
ukshaun
Hercules

I have just entered a deep depression.
How could they?
Now that it has gone, the want factor trippled
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 03:26 PM   #127
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I have just entered a deep depression.
How could they?
Now that it has gone, the want factor tripled
Sorry ukshaun. I think it hurts more to be anticipating and then it does not come to be. I wonder what the future of P1 DC pieces will be now...
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 03:40 PM   #128
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Sorry ukshaun. I think it hurts more to be anticipating and then it does not come to be. I wonder what the future of P1 DC pieces will be now...
Batman, Batman, Batman and more Batman
The sooner collectors stop buying Batman, the sooner new characters will happen.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 04:21 PM   #129
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Yeah, I get it, but I worry once bitten twice shy. Making them go back to core few DC characters. I got Supergirl, and Mera should be on the horizon. That line hasn't had a third piece and worried may be done as well.

Depends. If Prime 1's 1:4 go the Aloy route of pricing I may be done entirely with the company sadly.

Yeah their 1/4th pricing isn't fantastic. P1 tried to do something new and collectors didn't support it. Don't blame people buying Batman. People vote with their dollars.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 05:15 PM   #130
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
Yes, the price has to be right. Aloy is way too expensive.
I want Aloy and I can afford it but I don't go the way.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote