Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 12-06-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
Mean Green
Fantomah

Mugger left bloodied after attempt on MMA Fighter

I usually don't laugh at other people's injuries but this is awesome. And he shot himself!

I definitely do like all the positive news surrounding MMA where they're stopping robberies, punishing muggers, etc.

B*tch got f*cked up!!

CHICAGO -- A convicted felon decided to mug an MMA fighter on the Southwest Side of Chicago, police say, and ended up paying a steep price.

Police did not release the victim's name but said he was able to ward off Anthony Miranda, 24, who ended up with two black eyes and a gunshot wound to the ankle after a tussle.

The victim was sitting in his parked car near 55th St. and Kenneth when Anthony Miranda, 24, walked up to the car asking for a lighter, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the victim did not have one, Miranda pulled out a handgun and demanded money, police officials said. He then demanded the victim get out of the car.

Read original story on NBCChicago.com

At some point, the victim was able to grab control of the gun while Miranda's attention was diverted. The two men wrestled on the ground and during the fight, Miranda accidentally discharged his gun, shooting himself in the ankle, police said.

The victim was able to pin down Miranda until police arrived and later told officials he was a martial arts expert and ultimate fighting champion.

Miranda was taken to Holy Cross Hospital with a face full of cuts and two black eyes, police said. He has been charged with armed robbery and aggravated discharge of a firearm, a class X felony.

Records show Miranda has several convictions, including at least one for a residential burglary. He was ordered held on $350,000 bond Sunday.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...on-mma-fighter
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:15 PM   #2
DRL
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

just read this. i'd love to find out who the fighter was!
DRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
ratchet
Mandarin

Just wait - the mugger will now sue the victim and win a settlement.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
Just wait - the mugger will now sue the victim and win a settlement.
Certainly in MA where the authorities don't believe it's citizens should practice "self help" (this is a direct quote from our state's Attorney General after a father punched an ILLEGAL alien pedophile for touching his kid in the groin!)
Also Google Anthony McKay, Swampscott MA. That story will make your head spin!
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #5
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

You can't help but sit and grin like a fool when you see a thug get his @ss beat by a MMA fighter no less.
Me, I'm not exactly prize fighter material..although I can and have held my own in a fight. I like to add a bit more weight on my end with a .380 and a conceal carry permit.
That way he gets to make the front page and the obituaries.
Here's a guy with several convictions still out and about terrorizing folks, yeah he got f*cked up, but I think a nice plot 6 feet under would be real justice.

Last edited by armitage; 12-06-2011 at 03:44 PM.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

This gives me an idea to save money on prisons. Since we can't seem to lock guys like this up for very long anyway how about we just put them in a cage with an MMA fighter for half an hour or so and let them take a nasty beat down like this or worse.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #7
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Any judge or jury that would award a settlement to a scumbag should get their turn to have their asses whipped
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:23 PM   #8
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
This gives me an idea to save money on prisons. Since we can't seem to lock guys like this up for very long anyway how about we just put them in a cage with an MMA fighter for half an hour or so and let them take a nasty beat down like this or worse.
This might actually cut down on crime - when the punishment is somewhat as bad as the crime itself - people might just think twice before committing a crime
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:31 PM   #9
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

I love it
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #10
Predator
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

That's awesome!!!
Predator is offline   Reply With Quote