Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-13-2018, 04:48 PM   #191
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Cool, see ya! You can take your victim mentality elsewhere.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 06:06 PM   #192
Mister H
Youngblood

I think I’ll reserve judgment on this until after I actually see it. DC needs another hit, maybe this will be it.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:15 PM   #193
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I think I’ll reserve judgment on this until after I actually see it. DC needs another hit, maybe this will be it.
They need a few hits. I think if this, Aquaman or the Elseworlds Joker film fail in any capacity you'll see a rethink on the entire DCEU, which may be a complete reboot.

Which would be shame considering the Wonder Woman film is pretty awesome.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:18 PM   #194
Mister H
Youngblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
They need a few hits. I think if this, Aquaman or the Elseworlds Joker film fail in any capacity you'll see a rethink on the entire DCEU, which may be a complete reboot.

Which would be shame considering the Wonder Woman film is pretty awesome.
Just a hypothetical here: do you think they would recast WW if they actually did re-start from scratch?
Old 07-14-2018, 05:59 PM   #195
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Just a hypothetical here: do you think they would recast WW if they actually did re-start from scratch?
They don't have to re-cast. When EON switched from Brosnan to Craig for 007, Judi Dench kept playing M even though that was a reboot.

Also, they can easily pretend that Patty Jenkins's two Wonder Woman movies are part of a new continuity.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:21 PM   #196
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
They don't have to re-cast. When EON switched from Brosnan to Craig for 007, Judi Dench kept playing M even though that was a reboot.

Also, they can easily pretend that Patty Jenkins's two Wonder Woman movies are part of a new continuity.
They could keep her, it's going to depend on the studio and how much they think they need to distance themselves from the entire thing.

If they feel they won't confuse the audience too much by keeping her and they can get away with it because most of the fans absolutely love her, then they will.

But, on the other hand, if they feel the entire thing is a tarnish to the DC brand and a hard reboot is needed, yes, I can see them replacing her.

But option 2 would make me sad...I'd even be sad to see Cavill go, wasn't his fault the writer/director was obsessed with violent characters.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:29 PM   #197
Mister H
Youngblood

Quote:

That’s what I think they should do. They may be doing a soft re-boot already. Afleck is gone, Aqua-drogo is going to wear a more comic accurate costume along with Captain Marvel and Black Manta.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:32 PM   #198
Mister H
Youngblood

Quote:

But, on the other hand, if they feel the entire thing is a tarnish to the DC brand and a hard reboot is needed, yes, I can see them replacing her.
Even if they do get rid of Gal (and I feel that’s a big if) they need to keep Jenkins. IMO she gets the concept of good story first then the other stuff.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:40 PM   #199
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
They could keep her, it's going to depend on the studio and how much they think they need to distance themselves from the entire thing.

If they feel they won't confuse the audience too much by keeping her and they can get away with it because most of the fans absolutely love her, then they will.

But option 2 would make me sad...I'd even be sad to see Cavill go, wasn't his fault the writer/director was obsessed with violent characters.
I think they're making necessary adjustments, especially with Geoff Johns stepping down from his executive job at DC to focus on writing comics and consulting on movie/TV projects. The guy was juggling too many duties.

The Elseworlds projects bother me, though. Making multiple Joker movies by necessity means one less movie about other characters.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:17 PM   #200
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
I think they're making necessary adjustments, especially with Geoff Johns stepping down from his executive job at DC to focus on writing comics and consulting on movie/TV projects. The guy was juggling too many duties.

The Elseworlds projects bother me, though. Making multiple Joker movies by necessity means one less movie about other characters.
It bothers me as well, from multiple standpoints. IT decreases the focus of the shared universe, possibly takes money and talent from a possible in universe film and...and this is the one that really bothers me, it's guaranteed to be better than the Joker from Suicide Squad, so the better joker isn't even in universe, terrible mistake.