Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-07-2023, 01:06 PM   #261
Rajivrocks
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitaroo View Post
I hope amazon.co.jp will carry it!
Same, but they usually carry it when it's already out, so around march next year and I don't want to take that risk. So probably gonna buy it from Square's website.
Rajivrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 01:09 PM   #262
Rajivrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
What was the ratio of USD vs. JPY pricing on the original Nier statues? It could be concerning if they roughly divide the JPY price by 100 and not by something closer to the current exchange rate (~144)... and even with the current rate you're looking at $2K + shipping for the DX version. Ouch.
Well, unless you are buying from the JP store with some kind of service you'll be buying from square. And shipping within the US is cheap no? In the EU it's like 50 bucks, that's how much I paid in shipping for the diorama.

I don't know how they convert from yen to euro/usd, but I hope they'll do it fairly. But let's be honest, they won't. They'll charge a mega markup and won't follow the exchange rate.
Old 07-07-2023, 01:10 PM   #263
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajivrocks View Post
Well, unless you are buying from the JP store with some kind of service you'll be buying from square. And shipping within the US is cheap no? In the EU it's like 50 bucks, that's how much I paid in shipping for the diorama.

I don't know how they convert from yen to euro/usd, but I hope they'll do it fairly. But let's be honest, they won't. They'll charge a mega markup and won't follow the exchange rate.
It's available directly from HLJ and without the Japanese consumption tax at that.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 01:16 PM   #264
Rajivrocks

Quote:
It's available directly from HLJ and without the Japanese consumption tax at that.
HLJ? Sorry, I am not an American
EDIT: Oh nvm, I found it, I don't see it on their site though, Oh I found it. Man that conversion is definitely not the current exchange rate. DX would be 1700 euro's but it's 1900 on HLJ
Old 07-07-2023, 01:54 PM   #265
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
HLJ? Sorry, I am not an American
EDIT: Oh nvm, I found it, I don't see it on their site though, Oh I found it. Man that conversion is definitely not the current exchange rate. DX would be 1700 euro's but it's 1900 on HLJ
Change the currency to yen and let your bank do the conversion (assuming you have a card with no foreign transaction fees).
Old 07-07-2023, 02:10 PM   #266
Rajivrocks

Quote:
Change the currency to yen and let your bank do the conversion (assuming you have a card with no foreign transaction fees).
Hmmm, I did that but the display price is still in euro. Is this correct? Wouldn't it just now convert euro to yen and charge that to my card? EDIT: Nvm I found it. Wanted to delete this post but you can't apparently

One thing though, won't know how much shipping will be until actual release + import tax and VAT. Think it will be more expensive to order for european people like me from HLJ and services like it.
Old 07-07-2023, 02:13 PM   #267
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Hmmm, I did that but the display price is still in euro. Is this correct? Wouldn't it just now convert euro to yen and charge that to my card?
No, if you change it on their website you should be charged the 250K yen price directly.
Old 07-07-2023, 03:00 PM   #268
bmcd1985
Fantastic Four

Thanks for the heads up on HLJ. I got a 5% off for signing up, bought in yen. Hopefully the shipping isn?t too crazy.
bmcd1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 03:03 PM   #269
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcd1985 View Post
Thanks for the heads up on HLJ. I got a 5% off for signing up, bought in yen. Hopefully the shipping isn?t too crazy.
5% from newsletter signup? I thought that was only for instock orders.
Old 07-07-2023, 03:09 PM   #270
Gitaroo

Quote:
Same, but they usually carry it when it's already out, so around march next year and I don't want to take that risk. So probably gonna buy it from Square's website.
I preordered my 1/4 from amazon a long time before release so I am sure they will have it up for preorder if they are going to carry it. Anyone know if this is 2 boxes or 1?
Gitaroo is offline   Reply With Quote