Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 02-20-2019, 05:14 PM   #91
BMW///M3
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Ah, okay...saw a post where someone got a 1099 for $3500. So, that makes sense...assuming they were in one of those states.
Yes!
Pretty much makes it impossible to sell anything in these states. Because you will have to pay 15-20% tax on ur profits. There is no way around it, as soon u reach $600 ur automatic getting a 1099 and you will have to pay explain what is ur good costs and what was your profits. Pretty much eBay flipping days are long gone!
BMW///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:11 PM   #92
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW///M3 View Post
Yes!
Pretty much makes it impossible to sell anything in these states. Because you will have to pay 15-20% tax on ur profits. There is no way around it, as soon u reach $600 ur automatic getting a 1099 and you will have to pay explain what is ur good costs and what was your profits. Pretty much eBay flipping days are long gone!
Yeah, that's pretty crazy...money hungry. Might as well go to craigslist or a local group on FB.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:19 AM   #93
Johndee
Doh!

Let me check on eBay
Johndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 01:24 AM   #94
martineaumichae
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I have an eBay question. I sold my Sideshow Arthas statue on eBay. It was delivered today and the person who received it said it was broken and sent me all these pictures. It was all in the original styrofoam and box art, and then i had it in another box but was packaged extremely well. The guy obviously wants a refund and requested one. Now My question is this. I did get insurance on it at UPS for what it sold for. Do i just hit refund and then start a UPS claim or do I do that first? whats the process?
martineaumichae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 02:00 AM   #95
built2shred
Phoenix

That sucks, I've had a few statues that got delivered broken... There's not much you can do but refund him and start a claim with UPS, but unless the box has damage on the outside UPS will usually dismiss it... but it's worth a shot.... Just have the seller take pictures of the outside brown box..

That's the gamble you take with shipping statues.. I've had to eat the costs of 3 statues so far, plus the shipping costs... that's probably out of 80+ statues I've shipped so overall that's not to bad I guess, still sucks to lose money though...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:45 AM   #96
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by martineaumichae View Post
I have an eBay question. I sold my Sideshow Arthas statue on eBay. It was delivered today and the person who received it said it was broken and sent me all these pictures. It was all in the original styrofoam and box art, and then i had it in another box but was packaged extremely well. The guy obviously wants a refund and requested one. Now My question is this. I did get insurance on it at UPS for what it sold for. Do i just hit refund and then start a UPS claim or do I do that first? whats the process?
Ask the buyer to send pix of the box condition.

When I buy collectibles on eBay, I always take one or two pictures of the box/envelope, clearly showing the shipping label, before I open it. That way, I have proof of the package condition to show the seller, eBay, and the shipping company.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:36 PM   #97
Cage
Statueforum Consiglieri

Slightly different question. Thoughts on selling unopened statues? I have several (I think 7) PFs that I never opened. I’m concerned that selling them without checking is an easy way to get hosed by an unscrupulous buyer. I have a Shaak Ti EX in particular I’d like to move.
Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:37 PM   #98
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage View Post
Slightly different question. Thoughts on selling unopened statues? I have several (I think 7) PFs that I never opened. I’m concerned that selling them without checking is an easy way to get hosed by an unscrupulous buyer. I have a Shaak Ti EX in particular I’d like to move.
You should open it and inspect the statue in my opinion. Honestly, I think most buyers would prefer that. I don't think there is any extra premium you can charge for an unopened statue.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:49 PM   #99
Cage
Statueforum Consiglieri

Thanks. ����
Old 03-24-2019, 09:50 PM   #100
Cage
Statueforum Consiglieri

Don’t know why it posted question marks. It was supposed to be thumbs up. Lol