Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-26-2019, 11:17 PM   #1261
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Yeah when I first got her I didn't think the Tornado issue would matter that much but now that the newness has worn off it's become very annoying to look at, especially when it wouldn't of taken that much effort from XM to fix it.

When I first question XM on FB about the chain issue they just pointed me to the small text on their website saying the shipping version might differ from the prototype, basically a SS excuse... I think XM is getting to ambitious and forgetting why they started the business to begin with...

Doesn't help that within 3-4 years this whole hobby has pretty much doubled in price... Even though I can afford $1000+ statues it's more about do I really want to spend that much money on this type of hobby, back when SS was like $350-$400 a statue and with XM you could get their statue around $650-$700 shipped it seem fairly reasonable but now SS is pushing towards a standard price of $600 and XM is $1000-$1200 average range, I'm just not so sure anymore if it's worth it, especially when you consider QC issues you have to put up with...
I just spent more on shipping on my XM Darth Maul than i did on my Tweeterhaed Wonder Women statue. And if all these statues are going to have issues why not get Sideshow at an on average $400- $500 cheaper with reward points? In fairness I believe this XM Storm and Darth Maul are just special pieces but its still crazy to me what was done with this tornado base. It's baffling. Honestly I've rethought ALL my statue purchases from ALL companies moving forward. I've just put way too much money into this to have to deal with some of these issues.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 11:50 PM   #1262
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Maybe if sideshow didn’t hold the Marvel lisence hostage we could all get better statues for less but they are pricks so touché!
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:55 AM   #1263
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I need some third party to make a replacement for that tornado part. I can’t look at it without frustration, so much that if the prices get up there on this piece - I may sell it. I love Ororo, but it’s just in such a horrible location.

BTW - no response from XM.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 12:10 PM   #1264
PacMan3000
The Spirit

I'm a bit surprised about the reaction to the tornado seam. Not because I don't agree it looks bad--I think that's true. But it's always been like that from when pictures and video were released.

Is it just that it looks much worse in person than in video?
PacMan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 12:13 PM   #1265
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000 View Post
I'm a bit surprised about the reaction to the tornado seam. Not because I don't agree it looks bad--I think that's true. But it's always been like that from when pictures and video were released.

Is it just that it looks much worse in person than in video?
No, looks the same. I think the biggest issue for people (at least for me) is that they've always touted things like "that's just on the prototype, it will be fixed in production," and in this case, it wasn't. They left it.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 12:53 PM   #1266
dechirico7
The Flash

Review of XM Storm by SDguy
https://www.theouterrimcollectors.co...-Statue-Review
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 01:25 PM   #1267
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
I just spent more on shipping on my XM Darth Maul than i did on my Tweeterhaed Wonder Women statue. And if all these statues are going to have issues why not get Sideshow at an on average $400- $500 cheaper with reward points? In fairness I believe this XM Storm and Darth Maul are just special pieces but its still crazy to me what was done with this tornado base. It's baffling. Honestly I've rethought ALL my statue purchases from ALL companies moving forward. I've just put way too much money into this to have to deal with some of these issues.
Darth maul doesn't have issues, pmuch a perfect piece.

Sucks the seam is there, should have been fixed. XM really let the ball down with this one, takes a lot away from the piece.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 01:29 PM   #1268
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

For me, the tornado seam doesn’t bother me but I guess because I noticed it from the beginning when Storm was first shown.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 01:47 PM   #1269
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

In the countless times I have looked at my Storm I can honestly say not once has the seam bothered me or been a focal point of my attention. All I see is a fantastic sculpt that is engineered beautifully and painted to perfection.
I think the majority of people making a big deal of the seam are the ones who missed out on her and are trying to justify it with themselves that it is, in fact, ok that they missed her.
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 02:59 PM   #1270
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgHunter View Post
In the countless times I have looked at my Storm I can honestly say not once has the seam bothered me or been a focal point of my attention. All I see is a fantastic sculpt that is engineered beautifully and painted to perfection.
I think the majority of people making a big deal of the seam are the ones who missed out on her and are trying to justify it with themselves that it is, in fact, ok that they missed her.
I'm pretty sure most of the complaints are from people who own her...

Fact is if I've going to call Sideshow out for bad QC and/or design decisions I need to do the same for XM pieces otherwise I would be a hypocrite...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote