Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-12-2017, 04:42 PM   #21
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Maybe a mod can merge the two threads.

Any show with Aubrey Plaza and a Serge Gainsbourg dance routine gets a thumbs up from me.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 06:51 PM   #22
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Maybe a mod can merge the two threads.

Any show with Aubrey Plaza and a Serge Gainsbourg dance routine gets a thumbs up from me.
Bollywood style dance at that.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:58 PM   #23
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

After watching two episodes, it looks as if very little if any of the source material will be used beyond the fact that David Haller is a very powerful schizophrenic mutant.

I would have liked if it was similar to the comics where each personality has a different mutant power. Right now he is just limited to telepathy/telekinesis.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:02 PM   #24
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Just when I thought Ep 5 was gonna reel me back in, we have Ep 6, WTH??

Spoiler
Can someone help explain this, are they flashbacks to the mental ward or an alternate reality. I see no purpose, now, to the mental hosp scenes. Its not character building if its alternate.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 02:14 AM   #25
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Just when I thought Ep 5 was gonna reel me back in, we have Ep 6, WTH??

Spoiler
Can someone help explain this, are they flashbacks to the mental ward or an alternate reality. I see no purpose, now, to the mental hosp scenes. Its not character building if its alternate.

Spoiler
Clockworks in episode is the astral plane, a false reality created by the devil with the yellow eyes. In the previous episode the devil was identified as a possible other mutant living in David's mind. We also saw in previous episdes David creating an astral plane reality where he can create anything. So in ep 5 the devil takes over David's body trapping David and the others in the house in an astral plane version of Clockworks with Lenny, who is another representation of the devil, running the hosptial as the doctor. Ep 6 had some character development as the others discuss their real life issues. But overall I don't think the episode move the plot forward much, but it was entertaining. Interesting how David in the episode says he hates dogs when previously he talked about King his dog which we learned is a false memory. The devil has four manifestations that we know of, the no-neck guy, Lenny, the World's Angriest Boy and King the dog.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 02:21 AM   #26
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
After watching two episodes, it looks as if very little if any of the source material will be used beyond the fact that David Haller is a very powerful schizophrenic mutant.

I would have liked if it was similar to the comics where each personality has a different mutant power. Right now he is just limited to telepathy/telekinesis.

Spoliers for those who have not watched, but I only discuss details from the first episode.
Spoiler
In later episodes there are some other powers shown, but since you saw the first two episodes there is another power you didn't mention. In the first episode David showed he had the power to change reality. He sealed all the doors in Clockworks. While Syd was occupied his body at the time it occured, it was David's powers
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:15 AM   #27
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I'm loving the show at the moment, it's very different to any of the Marvel shows, in a good way - crazy, surreal, and leaves you eager to see where it goes next, especially as there's a foreboding sense that anyone could die at the moment. Won't go into spoilers but really like what they've hinted at with his real parent(s) :-)

I think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg when it comes to his powers and his personalities - there was a scene early in the show which I don't think is a spoiler of David with his hands on his ears trying to drown out loads of people surrounding him in a dark space, which I assume represent his other personalities.

Great so far, can't wait for the final two this season!
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:16 AM   #28
protector2814
Phoenix

The Nightmare-esque, memory scenes in episode three where the 4 participants in David's mind were separated, was fantastic! Some beautiful, panic-inducing horror-type visuals that blew my mind. Hats off to the writers & director with that one. I binged watched the 1st 3 episodes last night & really felt like I was watching a new take on the super-hero genre'.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:35 AM   #29
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Thanks Jedi
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 03:31 PM   #30
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Still liking this show a lot. It's refreshing to have a show that I don't occupy some of the runtime by playing games on my phone bc I have to pay attention.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote