Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-17-2018, 03:34 PM   #2271
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
The last XM Statue I'm buying at retail is Weapon X.

I'm tired of seeing all of them being off-loaded stateside for hundreds less. Unless you know for sure it's a main hero that won't see a huge depreciation, it isn't worth it to pre-order XM in this current market.
That's why I sold off my entire XM collection except for my Darkness!!!

Stuff is just too damn expensive today. Only the absolute best statues for my collection. Magneto is not absolute best, but the new Prime 1 Lobo 1/3 would be. Only the best. With ever increasing prices going about $700 for even a SS piece...the days of multiple purchases is D E A D!!!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:41 PM   #2272
SONICobra
Batman

looks really good, base is bigger than what i was thinking for some reason
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:42 PM   #2273
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
This looks reasonable
Yep, that price is right up sideshow's alley.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:43 PM   #2274
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Here are some quick screen caps. Not the best quality pics

Really not feeling this statue at all.

VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:45 PM   #2275
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I’m watching sideshow live currently since I’m off from work today and Magneto looks pretty damn impressive. He has a presence. He towers over Wolverine. They have them both next to each other. Magneto is 26 inches tall. The base is incredibly detailed seeing it from a 360 point of view. They are 99% sure there will be no light up features for him. It’s a maquette because of the complication of the base. I will be pre ordering this for sure tomorrow
They should've just kept the old base. IMO it looked better and they could've kept the statue as a PF and it wouldn't have been as expensive as this MAQ.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:46 PM   #2276
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Called it. TBD ES.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:54 PM   #2277
MPCanes
The X-Men

Looks fantastic. I have a feeling this will be a piece that really, really pops in person.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:57 PM   #2278
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
For perhaps Europe and Asia XM may be comparable in price. But in at least NA XM usually beats no one in pricing. Sorry shipping is a thing and paying $200 to $400 for shipping absolutely factors into a statues price. And that's after the markup to the statue normally. A 1/4th is usually 1k at least. You can complain about Magneto pricing all you want. But if you're in NA paying XM pricing plus the shipping your complaining rings hollow.
It may ring hollow to some, but as I don't need or want a ton of statues coming out - the shipping doesn't bother me. If I was buying 5-6 statues a year, yea I wouldn't pay it. But I also feel it will be a cold day in hell before Sideshow makes a Jim Lee version of Storm.

Quote:
We use the same conversion. I didn’t pull the trigger on Storm yet because I have too many pre orders and I keep adding plus I figured I could get this cheaper in the after market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
The last XM Statue I'm buying at retail is Weapon X.

I'm tired of seeing all of them being off-loaded stateside for hundreds less. Unless you know for sure it's a main hero that won't see a huge depreciation, it isn't worth it to pre-order XM in this current market.
Quote:
I agree with that 100%. I’m seeing most XM statues go for less than retail but with that being said that’s mostly B-C characters. I pre ordered Xm Hulkbuster, Weapon X, White Magneto, Dark Phoenix and Carnage because all those statues I can see going for way more in the after market. Carnage I probably didn’t have to pre order but because venoms price increases so much, I didn’t want to chance it.
With this new based-on-order edition size, it being the only 1:4 scale Jim Lee designed statue, and Storm being A-list - I don't want to take the chance. I'm not a flipper, I don't like to encourage flippers and I have the opportunity to get the piece at retail.

Now for some other XM pieces that I really like, I'm sitting and stalking since I agree totally with you guys on the market options. Got my eyes on Poison Ivy and Black Cat for potential down the road pick-ups. Storm and Dark Phoenix will tide me over nicely. Include SS's She-Ra and I'm getting more statues than I have in years!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:59 PM   #2279
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
Looks fantastic. I have a feeling this will be a piece that really, really pops in person.
agree. I think the price has pi**ed off a lot of folks, and I can't really blame anyone annoyed with the $100-$150 premium vs what we expected. But price aside, the sculpt, pose and presence of the piece is excellent IMO.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:59 PM   #2280
Jibber82
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
That's why I sold off my entire XM collection except for my Darkness!!!

Stuff is just too damn expensive today. Only the absolute best statues for my collection. Magneto is not absolute best, but the new Prime 1 Lobo 1/3 would be. Only the best. With ever increasing prices going about $700 for even a SS piece...the days of multiple purchases is D E A D!!!
So you sold all your XM pieces because the aftermarket price was less than the PO price?
Jibber82 is offline   Reply With Quote