Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
at $450 I might reconsider
$469.99 @ Speculative Fiction

http://www.specfictionshop.com/produ...y-gentle-giant
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 03:28 AM   #952
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Doom View Post
She will be the last one of this line that I will get as well.
RIP Honey Trap line. I really think GG market this line all wrong. The gap between each girl is way too long and I don't know why Derby & Lucky are priced so high? It should not be more then $350-$400 if you compare to Sucker Punch line and those were $220-$270 each. I thought GG got a little greedy here.

It's a real shame for GG. I ordered the lucky through Spec. This is also the last girl I am collecting for this line.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:35 AM   #953
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

So True

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
RIP Honey Trap line. I really think GG market this line all wrong. The gap between each girl is way too long and I don't know why Derby & Lucky are priced so high? It should not be more then $350-$400 if you compare to Sucker Punch line and those were $220-$270 each. I thought GG got a little greedy here.

It's a real shame for GG. I ordered the lucky through Spec. This is also the last girl I am collecting for this line.
I totally agree with you, $599.00 plus tax and shipping, RIPOFF. This will be nearly $700.00 for people in the US and over that for those overseas. Before anyone says you can get it for less at site "X", I do not care that some vendor is marking it down, GG and other companies are getting way to greedy, no more no less. I was going to buy this @ $399.00 but $200 more than I expected, no way. It is a real shame, I consider myself a true collector, not a flipper at all. I can afford this but no way I will pay that much. This thing costs as much as the Gladiator Hulk at SS and it is way less of a statue by leaps and bounds. Yeah she looks hott but who cares. I hope GG falls flat on their face for this misstep.

JMHO,

John M.
statuemonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:43 AM   #954
TechnoDestructo
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Ordered!!

Have they ever announced the edition size on any of the Honey Trap pieces? I hope the edition size is large enough where these don't end up getting allocated like what happened with Baby doll.
TechnoDestructo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:15 PM   #955
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoDestructo View Post
Ordered!!

Have they ever announced the edition size on any of the Honey Trap pieces? I hope the edition size is large enough where these don't end up getting allocated like what happened with Baby doll.
The only ES that was announced up front was the SDCC Whisper Variant. Still waiting for the official ES on the regular Whisper and Derby.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:16 PM   #956
built2shred
Phoenix

I think it comes down to how much are you willing to pay for a high end statue. These statues are way more detailed then your typical $360-$400 SS PF statues. SS Predator 2 statue has a lot of detail also and they want $1200

Now if these statues come out with sloppy paint apps then that will be a different story, but I would imagine for the price these will come out near perfect.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:21 PM   #957
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Paint and Detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I think it comes down to how much are you willing to pay for a high end statue. These statues are way more detailed then your typical $360-$400 SS PF statues. SS Predator 2 statue has a lot of detail also and they want $1200

Now if these statues come out with sloppy paint apps then that will be a different story, but I would imagine for the price these will come out near perfect.

So by your rational the $600.00 price tag is justified based on a theoretical result. Not to say that GG won't deliver on the quality but you really think this is that much of a high end statue that it justifies a $600 dollar price tag. People will always be stupid enough to pay way more than they should for something they feel has value, but this is starting to get out of hand. Like I said before I hope GG takes it in the backside on this one. If you like it that much I hope when you buy it the value is there once the statue arrives and you are happy with your purchase.

John M.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:33 PM   #958
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuemonger View Post
So by your rational the $600.00 price tag is justified based on a theoretical result. Not to say that GG won't deliver on the quality but you really think this is that much of a high end statue that it justifies a $600 dollar price tag. People will always be stupid enough to pay way more than they should for something they feel has value, but this is starting to get out of hand. Like I said before I hope GG takes it in the backside on this one. If you like it that much I hope when you buy it the value is there once the statue arrives and you are happy with your purchase.

John M.
True they could come out looking like crap, I personally doubt it but anything is possible.

Now if Derby for example was just a girl in a bikini and plain black roller blades only, with no other accessories on her and a so-so paint app (which is the norm for SS PF statues) then yeah I would say she is over priced.

All I'm saying is if the statue comes out as advertised then I don't mind spending more on high quality pieces.

It's like someone being upset over not being able to buy a Porsche because it's not priced like a Toyota Camry. Of course this is all speculative until we actually see in hand pictures...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:06 PM   #959
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
True they could come out looking like crap, I personally doubt it but anything is possible.

Now if Derby for example was just a girl in a bikini and plain black roller blades only, with no other accessories on her and a so-so paint app (which is the norm for SS PF statues) then yeah I would say she is over priced.

All I'm saying is if the statue comes out as advertised then I don't mind spending more on high quality pieces.

It's like someone being upset over not being able to buy a Porsche because it's not priced like a Toyota Camry. Of course this is all speculative until we actually see in hand pictures...
I get what you are saying but I do not see that much of a quality difference between the two to garner this high of a price. The Gladiator Hulk at SS looks amazing and is way more statue for the $$, if the paint app is good to stellar then would that mean that GG is over charging? The Sucker Punch statues were well done and priced fair enough. I doubt that Derby, or this one will look that much better and GG is asking 3 times the price, crazy in my mind and not a Camry to Porsche difference. JMHO

John M.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:12 PM   #960
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

C'mon guys.....this is Honey Trap. Flick back in this thread to when Whisper's price was announced, there was more than a whiff of butt-hurt flying around......hell, I was one of them complainers.

The fact is GG are pricing this line as a top draw item....take it or leave it. There's no point complaining about the price, GG won't listen, even if they have reps patrolling this web forum. If I had to hazard a guess I'd say that GG probably don't plan on selling many of these (a bit like SS 1:1 scale figures) and I doubt this line represents a "cash cow" for GG......not now they have Marvel, etc.

Plus, think back to all the bull-crap hype GG were spouting about these HT characters being tied into an associated media project, and the grand website they produced - www.honeytraparmy.com - all for nothing......vaporware at its best. Its clear that GG are going to shove these out the door, see who will pay what for what, and that's it.....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote