craigcliff1
Zot

XM Studios Galactus statue in the works for 2022

pretty cool
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 10:34 AM   #2
BigWhammo
Fantastic Four

Would love to have the entire FF in 1/4.
BigWhammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 11:15 AM   #3
FJC
Midnighter

This very well might be XM's greatest challenge. A true 1/4 Galactus will clock in at just over 7 feet tall. I highly doubt XM or collectors are ready for a Big G that's that tall and that expensive. Sideshow is able to fudge the scale of Big G with their MAQ line. I imagine that sideshow's license with Marvel allows for that. Does XM's Marvel license allow it? As far as I can see, XM has only released 1/4 Marvel statues. They can release 1/3 and 1/7 Marvel statues in collaboration with Legendary Beast Studios. I think it's safe to say a true 1/3 Galactus is unlikely to see the light of day. Who can afford or display a nearly 10 foot tall statue?

So, I think that a true 1/7 scale Galactus by XM & LBS is the most appealing option for collectors. A true 1/7 Galactus would be slightly over 4 feet tall. That would be significantly larger than any licensed Galactus we've seen to date. It would also be in the ball park of what most collectors can afford. I know a 1/7 scale Galactus may sound small, but if it's released, a 1/7 scale Big G would still be over 16 inches taller than the OG MAQ and over 23 inches taller than the latest MAQ. I really believe that a true 1/7 scale Galactus by XM & LBS would be what most collectors are looking for. But, who knows? If there's any company that would be daring enough to release a 7 foot Galactus statue, XM is the company that would do it.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 11:18 AM   #4
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWhammo View Post
Would love to have the entire FF in 1/4.
Without a doubt. They are Marvel's first family. It's a damn shame that they haven't been released already. Sideshow alone had over 15 years to do so. I'd even love to see LBS release the FF in 1/7 scale. I still need Reed and Sue in that scale.
Old 04-24-2021, 11:53 AM   #5
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

They should just do what Imaginarium Art was planning a few years ago. Have him sitting with a height around 36”.
haljordan99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 12:40 PM   #6
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
They should just do what Imaginarium Art was planning a few years ago. Have him sitting with a height around 36”.
That'd certainly work as well. I'd still like to see what a standing 4 foot Galactus statue would look like though. I have no doubt that XM & LBS could make an incredible 1/7 Galactus.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:16 AM   #7
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
I think 34-36" inches tall would be perfect enough for most collectors. The problem being breaking him apart for shipping and then making sure the seams don't ruin the look. Galactus i'm sure will end up being close to if not more expensive that the Magneto 1/3rd, and that's going to ship in two boxes, wonder what shipping that's going to cost.

7 foot tall would be super crazy expensive, like 5K and another 4-5k just to ship. Only the most hardcore/rich collectors could afford or house him.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 12:43 PM   #8
cirionrc
Frackin!

36-40" wound be perfect IMO. As long as he towers over the rest is fine.
cirionrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:09 AM   #9
craigcliff1
Zot

this should be a non scale statue like SSC did with G and Sent
Old 12-06-2021, 07:37 PM   #10
craigcliff1
Zot

Ang stated concept is ready