Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-11-2014, 12:57 AM   #1
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

XM Studio membership?

Just reading the XM site on standard & prestige membership. If you register 4 statues you become a prestige member. This entitles you to discounts, lottories, replacement parts and exclusive previews.

Now obviously, is there any point for collectors outside the Asian market to register? We obviously don't get discounts or can order from XM directly?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 12:59 AM   #2
risingstar
Jedi Order

Nope.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:00 AM   #3
Thor57
Teen Titans

The registering part comes in handy to verify your statue, since we cant order directly from them. Love it or hate it, that part of Asia is known for producing rip off items of all kinds. It wouldnt be hard for someone that we dont know, say, a FB or Ebay buyer to simply recast a statue and replicate their packaging.

The other stuff, I find the emails they sent as a registered member to come in handy, same with being a member with Simply Toys. The discounts, lotteries I dont think we can partake in, but not sure on the lottery part. No idea if we're entitled to replacement parts because of that.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:06 AM   #4
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
The registering part comes in handy to verify your statue, since we cant order directly from them. Love it or hate it, that part of Asia is known for producing rip off items of all kinds. It wouldnt be hard for someone that we dont know, say, a FB or Ebay buyer to simply recast a statue and replicate their packaging.

The other stuff, I find the emails they sent as a registered member to come in handy, same with being a member with Simply Toys. The discounts, lotteries I dont think we can partake in, but not sure on the lottery part. No idea if we're entitled to replacement parts because of that.
Replacement parts would be cool. Can XM verify this of its open to anyone? I would find recasting the box to be very difficult due to how its constructed.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:57 PM   #5
cartman5579
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I've registered my Hulk and Cap statues on their site. Still not sure why i'm doing it, but makes me feel better knowing that they are registered for some reason lol
cartman5579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:58 PM   #6
built2shred
Phoenix

I thought after they're registered (within a time limit I imagine) they do a raffle and the winner gets an artist proof statue.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:09 PM   #7
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I thought after they're registered (within a time limit I imagine) they do a raffle and the winner gets an artist proof statue.
EDIT: not sure if that's how it works but I could be wrong...Had a look back and couldn't see any reference to how they said it worked.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:59 PM   #8
actionjackson83
Midnighter

I register my statue because it verifies its authenticity, and I figure if they ever get any other licenses that are global, I will be a premier member then and get the discounts and benefits the buyers in asia get now down the line.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 11:17 PM   #9
Thor57
Teen Titans

I didnt verify mine before I left. I need to do that right when I get home, especially if what Bob is saying is true. I dont recall hearing that, but not disputing it.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:45 AM   #10
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfrog View Post
was it that there is a raffle or is it that there is an AP statue out there already i.e. XM knows which specific number is an AP, they all get sent out to people who PO'd them, then everyone registers and eventually some lucky dude realises that they are the proud owner of an AP. I was under the impression that it worked like that and not that a new statue was sent out. Could well be wrong. Either way its a nice, quirky way to do it.
It was a long time ago when they talked about it and I could be wrong, but I'm pretty positive it was a raffle style event....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote