Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-16-2022, 04:04 PM   #971
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
This, but it's not the first time Saberhagen has come on here arguing something that facts easily disprove.

Both Marvel and DC have seriously considered getting out of the comics business and leasing the IP's to other companies.

Frankly I'm surprised some of the smaller companies like Dynamite, Dark Horse, Image, etc. are even financially capable of supporting monthlies.
If you want to cheerlead the "go woke, go broke" crowd, go for it.

Alternatively, you could read the actual article you're relying on:

"Despite what deeply biased video commentators have to say, comics are thriving ? even superheroes. While you can argue that 2.3% is modest growth, it is growth and not a cataclysmic decline."

I said comics aren't hanging on by a thread. And they aren't. Also had no problem saying I didn't know how much of it was manga, but it was a lot. At least you didn't send a passive aggressive PM this time. Well, not yet.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 03:11 PM   #972
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

If comics weren’t hanging on by a thread, that WB axe man wouldn’t be pulling DC comic’s financials
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 03:23 PM   #973
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Think that was the most disappointing batman day ever. Didn’t see anyplace do anything for it. Could be due to all the cons going on though.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 06:28 PM   #974
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
The low part of the hobby right now is not getting the characters I want while they continue to rehash Harleys, sub par Batmans, weird Wolverines, Hulks from that one storyline, an armory?s worth of MCU Iron Man Maquettes, non definitive Jokers and my favorite character, Spider-Man, who even I have enough of in the standard blue and red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
It's too bad if people are only waiting for companies like Sideshow and XM to do a deep dive on characters as Diamond has been going pretty deep into Marvel. I just wish they had kept the DC license longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
But they don?t do Marvel in 1/4 scale. I only do 1/4 scale. For one I prefer the size, it?s impressive without usually being too much of a space hog. Helps me keep a limit on myself to not spiral out of control, gives my collection focus, and keeps my collection somewhat uniform as everybody is mostly in proportion to each other. To each their own though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
That's your choice, obviously, but 1/4 scale is not the totality of the hobby.
I don’t care about the totality of the hobby. I’m not collecting the totality of the hobby so I can’t speak towards segments I’m not interested in or know not much about. From the beginning, I’m only speaking towards what I collect and want.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote